Leaving my doc appt feeling like crap!

godsend213
on 5/10/11 3:10 am - Fort Carson, CO
Had my 6 week check up today (a little later than 6 weeks). I didn't see the surgeon just the PA and he made me feel like crap. He said my weight loss was just ok for 6 months and I told him I hit a plateau and he said that shouldn't be happening until 1 yr. I am eating right, exercising and doing everything I am supposed to be doing and he made me feel like I wasn't trying. Even his tone with me was off. Hope I never see him again. I want to cry to be quite honest.

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

godsend213
on 5/10/11 3:17 am - Fort Carson, CO
I actually lost 34 lbs not sure why my ticker is not correct.

SoDetermined
on 5/10/11 3:18 am - GA
Sorry he made you feel like CRAP. You know how doctors can be.... You're doing great and you wasnt that heavy first of all so, it'll be fine!! Once you stop stalling it'll be better. I haven't head my surgery yet, but reading all these post about plateus and stallings it seems to be pretty normal to me!!! CHEER UP!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 3:18 am - NY
thats horrible, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Some dr's just dont have a good bed side manner. If you are really upset, I would definatly call the office and complain. Maybe you can make another appointment with the surgeon.

Keep up the good work, you should be proud of yourself and honestly, that's all that matters :)
DComstock2010
on 5/10/11 3:24 am - CA
What an ass! Everyone loses differently. I lose for two weeks and then stay for at least a week sometimes two. Some lose consistantly. Everyone is different and he had no right to make you feel like crap. I would surely call to complain!
RNY- 2/18/2011

nomoresugar
on 5/10/11 3:43 am
I think I would call or write a letter expressing how discouraged you felt at your visit.  Explain that we have had a lifetime of feeling less than successful and the PA's attitude was not supportive as it should have been.   As far as his statement about the plateau, he doesn't know what he is talking about. 
cajungirl
on 5/10/11 3:57 am
He's being a butt.  34 lbs in 6 weeks is 5.6 lbs per week on average.  That is higher than many people lose per week. 

Keep doing what you are doing, it's working and that's what you need to remember.  Not the twit that you saw today.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

GW356
on 5/10/11 4:10 am, edited 5/10/11 4:12 am - Hackensack, NJ
RNY on 09/20/10 with
If you read through some old topics on this site you will see that everyone has stalls or plateaus.  I hit one in month 3, month 6 and now in month 7 my weight loss has drastically slowed.  I flipped out when this first happened and ran to the Dr's office.  My surgeon told me this normal.  His PA and NUT said the same thing.  I also see a a nutritionist outside of my surgeons office.  She said the same.  It is just your body fighting back from what it percieves as starvation. 

Just stick with you surgeons plan.  Your plateau should break within a week or two.  If you really feel that uncomfortable with the PA, you should request that all your future visits be with the surgeon or at least with another PA.  Remember, he works for you !!!

By the way.....I am no doctor but 34 lbs in 6 weeks sounds pretty good to me.

samsander
on 5/10/11 4:10 am - CA
And next appointment, specifically request to see your Dr. and not the PA. I have one person in my DR's. office I prefer not to see... so I don't!!!!! We have that right.

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

godsend213
on 5/10/11 4:18 am - Fort Carson, CO
Thanks everyone. I will request to never see him again!