help bread substitution???

sexynblessed
on 5/12/11 1:53 am - Tacoma, WA
 hi i am trying to figure out what to use in place of bread, i really want to cut bread out fully though i don't eat a lot of it i'm trying to get to eating NONE :) ideas please.......

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/12/11 2:00 am - Baltimore, MD

Ok...so don't eat bread.

In place of a sandwich...do a lunch meat roll up (I LOVE them with onions and pepper and a bit of ranch dressing).

Instead of toast...don't do toast.

Ummmmm...what else do we need bread for?

I don't eat very much bread anymore at all. I don't think it's bad, there's just a million and a half things I'd rather eat than bread. So for me cutting it out wasn't that hard. Perhaps if you could give some examples of what you find hard to eat without bread...?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

NIXMOMMIE
on 5/12/11 2:00 am - NC
high fibre wraps
Frank_B
on 5/12/11 2:03 am - Woodbridge, NJ
Bread is EVIL  LOL

i would try to just stay away from it.  It is a true empty calories, makes you feel full quick but burns off quick making you hungry sooner and more often leading to eating again and adding more calories, and we all know what happens as our calorie count goes up.

But if you must have some kind of bread at least make it a whole grain bread ( a complex carbohydrate, starch, that releases energy slowly)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/12/11 2:07 am - Baltimore, MD
The right bread would NOT be empty calories. Whole grain breads provide a lot of nutrition and fiber. There is some nutrition that you can get in whole grains that you can't get very easily from other sources. Just thought I'd point that out. Empty calories have no nutrtional benefit. A good, whole grain bread does and not just because our bodies break them down more slowly.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Frank_B
on 5/12/11 2:13 am - Woodbridge, NJ
that is what i said.

the bread is evil and empty calories i was referring to was white bread,  i did say if you were going to have some kind of bread to make it a whole grain because that is at least "a complex carbohydrate, starch, that releases energy slowly"

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/12/11 2:32 am - Baltimore, MD
No actually if you read your post it implies that you are talking about all bread. You said.

Bread is evil. (I got that you were kidding) then you say "I would stay away from IT" (without any reference to which "it" you were referring to).

And my last sentence said whole grains had MORE benefits than just slow energy release.

So, my comments stand. Info like that can be confusing to newer folks and I felt clarification was warranted.

...And after all this IS the land of free speech as you said, right?

Frank_B
on 5/12/11 3:46 am - Woodbridge, NJ
i never said your comments didn't stand,

yes this is the land of free speech,  i just have to remember writers take every word literally right? 
sexynblessed
on 5/12/11 2:11 am - Tacoma, WA
 thanks for the tips i am having a hard time with subway i crave it like three times a week though i get the veggie 6" cut in half i still feel paronioid that i will stretch my pouch with the bread?? the good thing is that i am not a bread o'holic so i don't eat it a lot and i cut out garlic toast totally which i use to love however i tried to eat some of a piece of texas toast a couple months ago and that made me so sick so i never have nor will try it again lol 
happyhealing
on 5/12/11 2:22 am
I cant imagine not being able to have a sandwich ever again.  I can have a bite of bread now.  I took a bite of my husbands hamburger, it was soooo good.  What if we have a half of a sandwich on rye bread or something not so doughy?
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 355 views