Pain on left side - TMI

shida1129
on 5/14/11 12:38 pm - Homestead, FL
I am 4 days post op today and I have had a pain on my left side since day 2.  It is not anywhere near an incision.  I called the doctor and told him how bad the pain was and he told that I was probably constipated.  He suggested I do a couple of enemas until I pooped.  Well I finally did and the pain is less severe but still there.  I have a doctors appointment on Monday and can't wait until then.  I need this to go away.  Other than that I have been great.  I do not have nausea and am tolerated the diet well.

Has anyone ever experienced this pain right after surgery?  Please help.

J

Jeannie

cajungirl
on 5/14/11 12:49 pm
Left side pain is fairly common.  That is were most of the work was done and the largest instrument for lab was used.  I'd stay aware of the pain and contact your surgeon again if it get worse or you start running a fever; otherwise, the pain should decrease in the next few days.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Amy F.
on 5/14/11 12:58 pm - MA
 I actually just posted about this a couple of days ago.  I had terrible pain there right after surgery.  I'm now 11 days out and it had diminished as things have returned to "normal" if you get what I mean.  Good luck!

Jacobsmama08
on 5/15/11 2:04 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Yup ... perfectly normal. I am 13 days out and saw my doc on Friday. The pain was really bad for the first 7-10 days and then will get better.. I am still tender but nothing like a week ago. My doc said a couple more weeks til the tenderness goes away entirely. Take your pain meds when you need'em. try not to bend at the waist too much, LOL, easier said then done. You're not alone, and know that it'll pass. Til then, take it easy and take advantage of any offers of help!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

mickeypal
on 5/15/11 3:35 am - Tell City, IN
I had that too and they told me the same thing, it is common and that is where they do most of the work. 
Surgery 3/1/2011

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?