I have been feeling lousy AGAIN

robynlynnm
on 5/14/11 6:25 am - Westminster, MD

Since 10 days before my Rny 4/5/11 I have had one thing after another.  Nothing serious thank goodness. But first it was a UTI, then it was the surgery and all that comes with that.  Good days and bad.  During my time off I got dehydrated and spent 9 1/2 hours in the ER with sucked.  Then I went back to work this past Monday and was so sick by Friday I had to call out.  I went to the doc and what do you know, I have pnemonia.  I can't believe this.  My weight is steady dropping but gosh I don't like being under the weather.  I lost 2lbs in one day yesterday from this pnemonia stuff. I have officially hit the 40lb loss. Happy about that!

Dave Chambers
on 5/14/11 6:34 am - Mira Loma, CA
Be sure to take your daily supplements, including enough water and protein. I tried my incentive spritometer prior to surgery, so I had a baseline for the post op usage. I was really surprised on how much less lung capacity I had post op.  BUT, this machine is designed to help expel fluid from your lungs, so you don't get pneumonia.  I've always been ver diligent about my daily supplements. I had D issues and it took a while to figure out that dry D3 is the solution to this issue.  I too had a UTI post op.  At 8 months, I began having dizzy issues and the end solution was a pacamaker implant a few months later.  The first couple of months can be difficult to deal with for some post ops. But, normally, once you get to 3 months, you'll begin to feel better. In the 5 years since my RNY, I've not had the flu, and had a runny nose one time for 2-3 days.  Hope you feel better. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

deborahgalek31
on 5/14/11 12:40 pm
Check with the doc, but start taking Echinacea, Zinc, and Vitamin C.  If you are prone to UTI's, start drinking cranberry juice (8oz a day) and a yogurt a day.

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie