Does the brain ever catch up with the body???

Amy L.
on 5/15/11 12:31 am - Buffalo, NY
I felt really "fat" yesterday! Chubby and bloated. Tony told me "SHUT UP! You're wearing a size 8!!!" It takes a while for the brain to catch up to the body after you lose 104lbs, 60+inches, go from a 22 to an 8! (I still go to a party or restaurant and think I'm the "fat girl") But when we were at Duff's Friday, I realized- hey- I'm not the fat girl- those two guys are checking me out! lol
  5'5"tall, RNY 11/22/10, HW256  SW252 CW148 SurgeonGW160 MyGW130  5/15/2011 
Met my surgeon's goal weight of 160lbs on 3/30/11! Reached 130lbs on 5/24/11!

CURRENTLY 120LBS, 9/7/11!

DisneyLover
on 5/15/11 12:33 am - WI
I am still waiting for my brain to catch up too.  I am at 80 lbs in almost 5 months and I just don't see it still.  I still think I am a size 26/28 and I am not even close.

Sarah

Nan2008
on 5/15/11 2:18 am - Midland, MI
It definitely takes a long time for the brain to catch up - and sometimes I think it never does!  I am over 2 years out and lost 160 lbs.  I went from a size 24/26 pants to a size 4.  I stillpick out bigger cloth sizes when I am shopping.

What's even more strange is sometimes I fill my plate like the old me did.  Last week, I was eating out and I ordered a large salad and 3 chicken tenders!  I was only able to eat 1/2 the salad and one of the tenders....don't know why on earth I ordered so much food, other than my head still thinks I can eat a lot of food!

Congrats on your weight loss!!  You have done great.

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/15/11 2:27 am - OH
Sometimes it takes a LONG time for the brain to catch up.  I will be 4 years out in August, lost 185 pounds, and it has only been over the past year that I feel like MOST of the time I have a fairly realistic view of my body size.   Some days I still feel... well, not "fat", but definitely very "chubby".  I also still have days where I look at my thighs (usually when I am not wearing anything and can see the excess skin and the small amount of fat that has stubbornly refused to leave) and they honestly look ALMOST as big as they always were (when clearly they are not since I can easily stand with BOTH legs in ONE leg of my pre-op jeans!).  Even that is getting better, but it has been a SLOW process after being obese much of my adult life.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

nfgfaniam
on 5/15/11 4:56 am - Jeffersonville, IN
I struggle with this each day. I did finally change my avatar though. I said I would when I could tell a difference. I too have the problem with filling my plate up, only to eat a small amount.
~Sharon Marie

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?