this is gonna be a poop post warning tmi

anabeth413
on 5/17/11 5:26 am - brielle , NJ

never had any issues except the usual constipation issue like most of us have had to deal with..i thought i had found right combo of thing to take to make me go everyday easily...mom at night, the next morning i start with a glass of water and boom all came out smoothly (literally)  until recently ive had to like two days of not going easily and then like on the third day im in the toilet 3-4 times a day with the runs really bad?? any idea to throw at me here??? 

nomoresugar
on 5/17/11 5:52 am
some foods can cause diarrhea have you been tracking you foods?

You might try a stool softener rather than a laxative.  Low dose Colace tablets are typically 50mg taken at bedtime.  My sister swears by them.  I'm lucky not to need them, most of the time.
girlonamission
on 5/17/11 6:10 am
POOP PROBLEMS!! LOL... unfortunately just part of the journey! Have you tried MiraLax? Hubby and I (and most of the patients at our surgeon's office) swear by a dose every morning mixed in a beverage - I can't taste it in orange juice - and it has worked great for us. Good luck!

grmadeb01
on 5/17/11 6:28 am - FL
check your sugar free items, if there is soribotl in there, that is a laxative and will make you go...
hope this helps
debby
jillbhappy
on 5/17/11 6:40 am - Oceanside, CA
Miralax keeps me "regular"
kthstout
on 5/17/11 7:06 am - MN

use walgreens stool softener.  Same ingrediants as colase but 1/3 the cost

Ladytazz
on 5/17/11 8:03 am
 I use Miralax daily, along with magnesium oxide and fiber and most of the time I am fine but I have some days that I am still constipated and some days where it is very loose and other days when I have diarrhea.  I eat pretty much the same things every day so I don't know what the difference is.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Sunshine1965
on 5/17/11 9:15 am
I have been taking a stool softener in the AM and one at night.  I am 3 weeks out :)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views