8 MONTHS POST OP

wantsobad2bethin111
on 5/16/11 3:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
 i am currently 8 months post op and has been in a stall since march i cant seem to drop under 220.. i know i need to change my eating i have been under alot of stress so im kind of an emotional eater with the divorce and all..but it hasnt been bad foods just lots and lots of chobani. exercise is few and far in between because i had to pick up a second job to make ends meet but im very mobile in that job.. if there is any advice please give it to me i would like to get into onederland
steve D.
on 5/16/11 3:59 am - West Fargo, ND
Log you food to see where you are at.  Continue or start to measure.  Emotional eating destroys us if we don't get a handle on it.  Try to get some counseling if you can.  Good Luck.  Please let us know how you are doing!

Steve

wantsobad2bethin111
on 5/16/11 4:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
thanx steve i said i was going to make sure i eat under 850 calories a day get in 80 grams of protein and try and drink a gallon of water everyday.. i had to remember i did this to get healthy not to fail at it
Rides4me
on 5/16/11 4:34 am - Atlanta, GA
I had the same issue but I think my stall was a bit longer.  I finally saw the scale moving within the last two weeks and I am now at 213 and had close to a 2 1/2 month stall.  I was as 221-225 for forever.

Changes I made...nothing earth shattering:
At starbucks, I now get  my daily decaf with a little nf milk and sweet n low....was getting the skinny vanilla latte that is mostly made of lots of nf milk, sugar alcohols and little decaf coffee.  Cut my cost and calories at least in half.

I also liked to snack on little handfuls pretzels, cheezits, etc....and I have had to cut that out and go for more protein bars are more protein packs snacks. 

I have tried to make my protein denser and eat more tuna out of the packs instead of chili. Slider foods cause me to be more hungry. 

I still don't exercise much, but these three changes seemed to have broken it for me.

I still stay around 1000 calories give or take and 80 g of protein.

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
wantsobad2bethin111
on 5/16/11 6:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you so much for your advice i will be making those changes starting today well im done eating for the day ill just drink water and have a protein shake for dinner
Lucycat
on 5/16/11 6:30 am - Lewiston, ID
I've been in a long stall also.  My nurse told me to change it up every day.  I have been eating essentially the same thing every day, staying around 950 calories.  She told me to eat 1100 one day, 900 the next, then maybe 1000.  What is happening is the body is becoming accustomed to what we eat and settling in nicely.  I have started doing what she suggested and dropped 1 pound, so we'll see.

Sue

wantsobad2bethin111
on 5/16/11 6:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you for your support i will try that also
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?