When did you hit your 1st stall?

Bonnie C.
on 5/17/11 2:02 am - Miami, FL
Hi all,

I was wondering how far out were some of you when you hit your 1st stall and what did you do to get the pounds dropping again?

I'd love to hear from you all... As I think I've hit my 1st stall.
Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

catje1977
on 5/17/11 2:06 am - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Wow you're lucky!

I stalled at the infamous week 3, when I went to solids again. I even GAINED quite some weight and had lots of trouble getting it off. This only happened when I upped my protein and water intake

Good luck!

PS I have had more stalls since, and think I am in one now. But after 6 months, it might be time to start taking the gym more seriously ;)

CarolineM
on 5/17/11 2:20 am
 I hit a stall about 3 weeks after surgery, that lasted 2 weeks. Then I lost steadily until about 10 months, when I hit another 2 week stall. At 1 year out, the weight loss has slowed down, but I'm still losing steadily.

Caroline
  HW 400   SW 355    CW 178   GW 180           5'10"

ephraimmeir77
on 5/17/11 2:28 am - CA
I think that the "stall" issue, although real, is exacerbated by being obsessed with the scale. I try not to get on the scale more than twice a week and have been pretty succesful. i have fluctuated a few times but I focus on doing the right things (protein, exercise) and I know that I will continue to lose.
Ephraim Osgood

Karen P.
on 5/17/11 3:08 am
I also hit a stall at 3 weeks that lasted about 10 days. 

fickleme
on 5/17/11 3:20 am - Bessemer City, NC
I stalled at 3 weeks out and HOPEFULLY have broken it...  this morning I lost 2 lbs... yay... I will be 6 weeks tomorrow... It's discouraging but I know in the end it will come off... good luck!
sheri R.
on 5/17/11 3:41 am - MA
I too hit a stall at 3 weeks.  It lasted about 10 days, but I weighed myself this morning and was finally down 3 more lbs.  Hopefully, I start losing again!  Good Luck to you!  Don't get discouraged!
Carla M.
on 5/17/11 4:00 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I hit a stall at 3 weeks. I dont weigh myself too often, so I'm not sure exactly how long it lasted. Had a stricture a few weeks ago and, now that I can eat again, have gained some weight and am waiting for it to come off. It'll all come off in due time. Just do what you're supposed to and you'll be fine. Stalls are normal.

silly_sandy
on 5/17/11 5:17 am - IL
I stalled around week 4.  It lasted 12 days.  I actually gained three pounds during that time, but I've lost those three and the scale is continuing to move down.  Just get all your water, protein and exercising in.  Your body is just trying to adjust to the rapid weight loss.  It's so disappointing to step on the scale and see it not move, but it will! 

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Bonnie C.
on 5/17/11 5:47 am - Miami, FL
Thanks everyone for the replies.... I guess I am lucky that it has taken so long for me to hit my stall.  :)
I had hoped to reach Onederland for my birthday in June, but it's not looking like it will happen.  I'm at 219 right now, so I'd need to drop 20 lbs. before June 27th.... anyone have any advice how I can do this?  Maybe someone has a good diet and workout plan they can share :)

Thanks!
Check out my blog for recipes and more
@
Bye Bye Pounds
HW-310/SW-292/CW-182/GW-160

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?