Dr's in Ontario...

Kay Mitchell
on 5/18/11 4:06 am - Toronto, Canada
Hey there i've been a member of these boards for awhile but i didn't get surgery yet, i keep changing my mind but after 3 years of dieting and workout like a lunatic with very little change i'm thinking it may be time to wave the white flag and admit i can't do this alone. So i'm here asking for some advice and help. I'm Kay btw :)

I was just wondering if any of you out there have a list of dr's in ontario who perform
Roux-en Y surgeries. I plan on talking to my dr about it this weekend and if i come loaded with information she tends to respect my decisions better(she's known me since i was 8).
mamahally
on 5/18/11 4:18 am - Canada
come over to the Ontario board.   We can answer your questions there.  :)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/

J_J
on 5/18/11 4:57 am, edited 5/18/11 4:58 am - Barrie, Canada
Hello Kay,

In Ontario you do not get to choose your doctor.  Your family doctor would submit a referral to a central intake who will then forward your application to one of the four hospitals that perform the surgery based on your geographic location.  The hospitals that perform the surgery include...

1. Humber River Regional Hospital Bariatric Clinic: –  416-747-3720  or 416-744-2500 (ext. 3720)
  2. St. Joseph’s Health Care Hamilton Bariatric Clinic: - 905-522-1155 ext. 33240
  3. Guelph General Hospital Bariatric Clinic: – 519-763-8442
  4. The Ottawa Hospital Weight Management Clinic: – 613-761-5101
I don't know the doctors at all four hospitals...but the two doctors that work out of St. Joe's are Dr. Anvari (my surgeon) and Dr. Hong.

Hope this helps.

Jackie

Kay Mitchell
on 5/21/11 11:44 am - Toronto, Canada
Oh darlin ! Thanks ever so much it helped GREATLY!
I talked to my family Dr today and she's all for me and will be getting me on the registry asap:)

I guess we're on the road!
J_J
on 5/30/11 10:55 pm - Barrie, Canada
Congratulations...keep me posted as to how things go!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 308 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views