How do YOU eat your fish?

Angela *.
on 5/20/11 1:50 am - UT
OK, fish has been on my acceptable list this week....but I have no idea what to do with it.  I LOVE fish.  But unless I was at a restaurant, the only fish I had before surgery was either tuna in a can or a fillet of salmon cooked on my little counter top grill.  I went to the store and bought a bag of individual fillets of tilapia.....but I don't know how to cook them!  Just in a pan?  I need some serious suggestions as to how to cook and get fish in!  I'm ready to start eating it at least 3x a week.  Any suggestions would be wonderful!!  
   *******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

fatoldbat
on 5/20/11 1:52 am
baked with a touch of lemon pepper is pretty tasty!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Bonnie ABC
on 5/20/11 1:56 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Or put on a plate, a bit of water, butter, flavorings, put another plate over top, and nuke for a very short time.  Of course I always make sure to use tartar sauce.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Sunshine1965
on 5/20/11 2:01 am, edited 5/20/11 2:01 am
I have been baking mine and using a blackening seasoning on it or a lemon dill sauce. :)
curvaceousdiva
on 5/20/11 2:14 am - Hyattsville, MD
I bake mine with some old bay, or lemon pepper, or bake with panko crumbs to be a "fake me out" fried fish
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Sue C
on 5/20/11 2:29 am - Fargo, ND
I buy cod filets.  Bake and season with Old Bay and little Season All.  Then broil for just a few minutes.  Always very flaky and moist.

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

eliana
on 5/20/11 2:46 am
 Since you are a new post op, I would avoid anything spicy for now. Tilapia is a wonderful choice, a very mild white fish that will take on the flavors of your seasonings. But since you are a newbie, I would avoid the spicy or fatty seasonings for now.  Some people are very sensitive to fats, so the mayo, butter, etc should be avoided for now. Plus, you want to maximize your weight loss!

One simple and low fat way to cook it is to poach the fish. Boil some chicken stock, 1/2 cup to 1 cup in a pan, add the filet, cover the pan and steam/poach for a few minutes until just cooked through. Use some squeezed lemon for flavor. 

For a wonderful low fat sauce, take greek yogurt, add salt, pepper, lemon juice, crushed or finely minced garlic if you like, and chopped fresh dill. This is great with salmon, too. I add chopped cucumber to this for a greek tzaziki sauce, but you may be too early for raw veggies.

Later on, tilapia is great with salsa, or cajun seasonings! I love grilled tilipia fish tacos with a little creamy chipolte sauce and cabbage. I eat a few bites of the tortilla, then just eat the insides of the taco! Super yummy!

15 lbs lost prior to surgery. 260 HW/ 245 SW/ 160 Current/ 130 Goal!        
happyhealing
on 5/20/11 2:53 am
Cooked and with a fork....  Lol
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 3:55 am - Boston, MA
 I drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet put the fish on, salt and pepper and a little fresh lemon.. super moist and yummy.. bakes very quickly
Pholaris
on 5/20/11 6:34 am, edited 5/20/11 6:35 am
I hated Salmon before my surgery, but now Sybil my pouch loves it. I like to bake it at 350 degrees with some sea salt and freshly ground pepper then I add some lemon juice before serving.

I also buy the canned salmon from Trader Joes and mix it with greek yougurt, shallots, capers, salt and pepper and eat it with crackers or with a side of veggies.

Another way that I love eating fish is placing it in a foil paper pouch with peppercorns, salt, bay leaf, lemon juice, bell peppers, onions and garlic and just letting is slowly poach. Any fish will taste yummy that way. :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
Most Active