How do YOU eat your fish?

grmadeb01
on 5/20/11 6:34 am - FL
i have done it a couple of ways....pre op, it was garlic butter and old bay....dont use much old bay as it can be a bit spicey...i put less on mine than hubbys..i do my shrimp that way too...
now that i am post op, i may go back use my garlic butter, but will see later on...but i did use some montreal chicken seasonuing i added to some olive oil, with salt pepper, and just a pinch of old bay....coated the fish with the seasoned olive oil and just baked in oven....350, not sure, but maybe 20-30 min, i flip over about half way thru....i have alittle counter top oven i use all the time and it is great....i did my shrimp like this also post op..i have done this with talipa and mahi mahi...both are very good....you can get some large packs from SAMS and they are single serve wrapped up...not a bad price for the number you get..
hope this helps
have a great day, enjoy your fish
debby
Bralen
on 5/20/11 6:38 am
I love Tilapia. I usually cook it in a pan with lemon garlic seasoning on it. My 4 ounce fillet takes about 5-7 minutes to cook through. It has almost as much protein as my shake.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Angela *.
on 5/20/11 7:46 am - UT

WOW, I got some awesome suggestions.  Thanks so much!!!  :)

*******Angela******  5'10"tall  36yrs old   SW 268 CW 180 GW 168

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/20/11 7:46 am - Belleville, IL
I eats it RAW in sushi! (Salmon and Tuna and Unagi) with maybe 2 tbs of Avocado.

Raw works best for my pouch and I love raw salmon and tuna...Tilapia doesn't do much for me at all.
Dry fish is just gross and doesn't feel "right" to me.

Good luck.
Warmly,
Jackie

Lady Lithia
on 5/20/11 9:14 am
I eat my fish.....

Raw

cooked fish doesn't agree with me.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

chrissyemerald
on 5/20/11 10:34 am - Canada
I usually buy cod, sole, tilapia or salmon, for either one i bake or bbq in tin foil, with a little olive oil brushed on top, then add salt, pepper, onion, garlic and parsley. They come out so moist and lots of flavour :) i do like the lemon pepper as well but my husband doesn't so i don't generally use it.
Anna M.
on 5/20/11 12:43 pm - Manchester, NH
I had tilapia tonight. Baked in the oven with salt pepper fresh lemon juice and a very small pat of low fat butter. It was amazing.

Tomorrow I am going to try cod. My mom suggested baking it in the v8 tomato soup and finishing it with some low fat mozzarella so it's like a Parmesan. I will let you know how that one comes out

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
qnmimi
on 5/20/11 2:34 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I love salmon with dill sauce... any kind of fish really. I use greek yogurt, add whatever spices, or chopped relish with it instead of tartar sauce however I feel at the time. Mrs Dash tastes pretty good as a general seasoning, as well as a cajun spice mix for fish as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics