Ok with stall and straws

lilmagikkisses
on 5/22/11 6:44 am - Suffolk County, NY
I have been at 199 for about 2 weeks. Honestly I am so happy that I am in wonderland that I am beside myself. I have noticed that my water intake has slacked and that is one of the things I am going to have to go back to basics on. I have a question I know wveryones surgeon is different but does any one besides me find it easier to drink with a straw. I don't drink soda but crystal light and wayer. It takes me forever to drink out of a cup but in my tumbler with a straw its no problem
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/22/11 6:51 am - OH
I would never have gotten in anything close to enough water without using a straw.  My surgeon said they were ok once the pouch was healed.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SweetGirl11
on 5/22/11 8:34 am
I'm almost 2 years out and finally got past my "straw fear" the other day and used one and it was great!  I did it because I had dental work and was numb and couldn't drink without drooling!  LOL

I wish I had started using a straw a long time ago.   :)

BTW, Suffolk County resdient here too!  

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Carla M.
on 5/22/11 8:43 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I definitely prefer a straw. Got chewed out by some people at a support group, but I know that I drink more with a straw and that my surgeon is okay with it. My thoughts are, that if it doesn't hurt or upset your stomach or give you more gas, then why not. I actually feel like I swallow less gas than without one.

Congrats Onederland!!!! Can't wait to hit that point! Getting close, but no cigar for me yet. I know you're excited! I would be!!!