3 months out today and it finally happened.......

ChasingButterflies
on 5/22/11 11:47 pm - FL
So, I made a beautiful turkey breast in the crock pot.  It was so tender and juicy.  I guess I didn't chew well enough because I ate three bites and I felt awful.  I got what people call the foamies!  You know, that awful tell tell sign of saliva welling up in your mouth.  Then, yup, I barfed!  It's the first time since my surgery and I have to say it was interesting.  As interesting as puking can be.  But, I have to say, I don't want to repeat it.  I'm sure ya'll really didn't want to know all this, but I felt like sharing.  lol. 
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 11:52 pm - TX
Right there with you, lol. I've had the foamies three times and actual barfing only once. I ate some brisket at a bbq - literally a bite the size of my pinky nail - and one agonizing hour later it finally came back up. Won't do that again.

I try to be hyper conscious about my chewing and bites, but sometimes I think my brain just reverts back to forty years of habit....
Huggz99
on 5/23/11 1:45 am - Pensacola, FL
I have had the foamies a couple of time since surgery but never thrown up. I have never been one to throw up even before surgery. i am one of those people who will sit in pain for hours on end just so I do not have to throw up so maybe thats why I havent done it but either way I am glad I havent. It is a trial and error thing. You just have to see what you can tolerate and what you cant. The bad thing is I may not tolerate something now but on another day it might be fine, its just hard to tell. well sorry to hear you got sick. You look great. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Be happy with who you are.

Weight Loss since  my 6 month supervised Diet:   
Weight Loss since surgery:          
Carebearny1999
on 5/23/11 2:04 am - Rochester, NY
I didn't throw up much pre-op and I've had the foamies 3 times and puked once since surgery and I agree--it's the pits!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views