Don't want to schedule my 2 year follow up appt

Bubblishouz
on 5/25/11 4:29 pm - Fresno, CA
So my 2 yr follow up appt should be sometime around june 11th but I don't want to scheudle it.  I'm so ashamed of myself.  My lowest weight 2 months ago or so was 165lbs, now I weigh.............178 lbs!  I have been making terrible food choices and eating more than I should.  I want to get back on track before i see my doctor again.  I feel like a failure.  I swore to myself I would not gain the weight again.  I don't want to give excuses because I do have many.

Please help, what should I do to get back on track?  5 day pouch test? colon cleanse?  what?

immafatgirl
on 5/25/11 4:43 pm - KY
girl, try the atkins diet until you have your appt. high protein takes the weight off quickly ... when u feel like a failure . look at your beautiful picture. you look to good to go back to where you were. i dont think you will like it . dont go back and destroy all the hard work and the surgery you had to go thru to get here. u want to look good . your thinking is right . but your body has to follow . good luck hun..
Ladytazz
on 5/25/11 5:11 pm
 How can you feel like a failure when you have lost nearly 150lbs?  You have come a long way.  Thirteen pounds is not a lot in comparison and you have the tools to do what you have to do.
If eating too many carbs, sugar and bread, and grazing are your problem then the 5 day pouch test can help you detox from the carbs and get used to eating on a schedule.  I am sure you know where you are having problems and from there you just have to address them.  You can stop this now before 13lbs becomes 30, etc.
Don't be afraid of seeing your surgeon.  You need your labs done and maybe an appointment with the NUT may help you refocus your energy.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

seattledeb
on 5/25/11 5:37 pm
I hope you will go to your appointment. Maybe he will convince you that you are a sauces. That you have the most powerful tool for losing and maintaining weight loss. That you never had to do another fad diet again. That if you have a little regain you can move more and get back to the basics of protein first, not drinking with your meals ,and mindful eating.
 What about your labs? Are you taking your vitamins? If so are you taking enough? I don't know and neither do you if you don't go to your appointments and get your blood work follow up.
 You are not a failure. You need to see yourself as the success that you are.
Good luck
Deb T.

acowandabean
on 5/25/11 8:09 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 08/02/10 with
Sounds like the normal 10-20 lb bounce back. You can take it off again, but don't delay seeing your doc. That sounds like the behavior of an obese person: I can't go to the doc because he will tell me I am fat and need to lose weight. WLS is a process and a life change. Your surgeon is part of that process. Longterm success is about continuing work. Good luck. You are doing great.
Every dinner needs a side dish, on a slightly smaller plate. - Book of Mormon (The Musical)

Starting weight: 354    Surgery weight: 322     Current weight: 183  

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/25/11 9:14 pm
make your appointment.  see the nutritionist.  don't avoid the help you need now more than ever.
you have gained 13 lbs from your lowest point.  your surgeon won't be surprised or mad at you.  he will count you as a sucess for sure.  if nothing else go for the ego boost.  maybe it will get you headed in the right direction.

Winnie

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 11:52 pm - Boston, MA
 OMG you are NOT a failure!! You have lost 150 pounds and you look beautiful!  I'm not at goal yet but I can see that it will be so easy to slide back into poor food choices once my pouch is more accommodating in a few years.. don't beat yourself up over it.. you caught it early before it turned into 30-40-50 pounds.. 10-15 lbs will be a piece of cake to take off.  Don't do a 5 day pouch or a colon cleanse.. just go back to basics.. eat more protein, drink more water, exercise.. cut out all the sugar and carbs and let your pouch do it's job.. try not to graze have a set menu for the week and don't stray.  You can do it!  oh and DO go to your 2 yr appt. that's what they are there for, my NUT said she is there for me forever.. if I feel myself slipping don't shy away from going.. go more often so she can help!! Don't let your embarrassment keep you from losing the weight.  Good luck, I have faith you can do it!
cajungirl
on 5/26/11 12:13 am
Please go to your doctor's appt.  I have found knowing I would be seeing my surgeon made me stay accountable to myself (slip ups happen, YOU can get back on track).  Do it know while it's 13 lbs from where you were or want to be at. 

I've used the 5 day pouch test to help me regain control before on the carbs.  Others consider it a fad diet and don't like it.  Do what works for you!

Of course back to basics is the BEST option for all of us.  Listen to your pouch signals on fullness.  Get the protein in FIRST, you'll feel much better mentally and physically.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Laura in Texas
on 5/26/11 12:14 am
Track every bite of food you eat.  I use the fatsecret.com app.  I was up 5 pounds, but started tracking and now I've lost most of it (and will keep tracking until I lost the last bit and feel I'm back in control).  I weigh everyday and made sure to stop at 5 because I know 5 can quickly become 200 for me. The further we get out,the more we can eat.  It's easy to lose track and gain if we're not careful.  You can do it!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jillbhappy
on 5/26/11 3:41 am - Oceanside, CA

Bubbli...Go to your appt. he is your doctor not your Daddy! He is  there to help there is no shame in that. You walked in there 2yrs ago for help and he was there for you. Walk in with your head high and use his knowledge and expertise to get a handle on things. Think about how many times (if you were like me) that you never went back to Weigh****chers because you had a bad week which inevitable turned into 2 then 3...get it.  We are all learnig to use this tool the 1st 2 yrs are the easiest, now we have to learn to manipulate it and use it to our advantage. again I say ther is no shame in wanting to stay healthy and needing help in achieving that goal. GO TO YOU APPT GIRL. Love you

Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!     
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views