ok to use pure or immitation flavored extract????

jojo3283
on 5/30/11 2:49 am - OK
So in the small town i live in no one carries Torrino (sp?) flavored syrup. Until i can get to OKC is it ok to use flavored extract to add to shakes and such for a good flavor boost?????

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

acowandabean
on 5/30/11 2:58 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 08/02/10 with
Lots of online merchants sell Torani and other syrups. Amazon and Cost Plus World Market are two. Netrition.com or other sources may also have it.

I use use lots of different flavorings including vanilla, mint and lemon extracts. Try a small amount to see if you dump on any sugar or sugar alcohols in it. You can also blend in a bit of fruit to up the flavor. If you are early out, just blend the heck out of it.
Every dinner needs a side dish, on a slightly smaller plate. - Book of Mormon (The Musical)

Starting weight: 354    Surgery weight: 322     Current weight: 183  

MSW will not settle
on 5/30/11 3:16 am

I've used all kinds of extracts right from the start.  I far prefer them to sf syrups for flavor and for contolling the sweetness.  The down side is syrups come in so many flavors.  Sure wish I could find peanut butter flavored extract. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Amber J.
on 5/30/11 3:27 am - Kirkland, WA
 I haven't been able to pick up an SF syrups yet but I have used rum and almond flavored extracts. You just have to be careful not to use too much or it tastes really bad!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

turningpoint
on 5/30/11 3:31 am

I haven't used extracts, but I may give them a try for something new!

I did a search and low and behold you CAN buy peanut butter flavored extract!

Shopping results for peanut butter extract

LorAnn Artificial Flavoring Oils, Peanut Butter Flavoring Oil, 1- ...

Rated 4.7 out of 5.0

3 reviews - $15.83 - Amazon.com Watkins Imitation Peanut Butter Extract
$2.99 - Amazon.com LorAnn Extract Flavors - Peanut Butter
$1.25 - hackleyhealthmanagement ...

Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
jojo3283
on 5/30/11 6:03 am - OK
well ok then I will give them a try found cherry yesterday so gonna try that.. and have me a choc covered cherry shake :) 

Doing this for ME !!!                 
      Highest Weight 260 / Surgery Weight 235 /  My Goal 160 / Dr Goal 135                  

AMRubel
on 5/30/11 12:59 pm
I was actually going to recomend using the Lorann flavors. You can pick them up at any cake decorating shop! They have almost every flavor you can imagine - including cotton candy, root beer, and tuttie fruity! It is amazing at what you can do with them.

Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Most Active
Recent Topics