Papaya Enzyme??

Prettybrowneyezz
on 5/31/11 5:29 am - PA
Hello Everyone..

I bought some Papaya Enzyme's at Wal-mart and wondering if taking them would help every meal to digest the food faster??  Would I take it before or after a meal?  Would it also help with the "full feeling" too??   Thanks for any advice given!
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/31/11 5:46 am - OH
There's no advantage to taking it all the time since it is effective only at breaking down flesh-type proteins.  Under normal cir****tances you should also not need to take it every time you eat meat... your body needs to be able to do the digestion on its own.

I"m not sure which "full feeling" you're talking about.  If it is the feeling of having somethign stuck, and that something is meat, then it might help.  If it is the full feeling of having eaten a bit too much, no it won't help.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Joan H.
on 5/31/11 7:24 am - Fairfax, VA
 I only use papaya enzyme when I feel like something is stuck.  It works well for me in those situations.
immafatgirl
on 5/31/11 8:02 am - KY
i take it now. pre-op.. i eat alot of steak and i only take it if i eat that . steak is hard to digest ... but other than that i dont take it . lora is right , i think id let most of my food digest on its own. thats what our stomaches are supposed to do .
_Donna_
on 5/31/11 12:19 pm
But it helps foamies right?

RNY 5-5-2011

EAP-Fan
on 5/31/11 4:43 pm
I use it when I feel quezzy, helps me belch, and that I feel lets the gas out that comes from eating to fast settles my stomach.
Most Active
Recent Topics