Walking

Don27516
on 5/30/11 3:39 am - NC
 I have been a walking fool recently. After my RNY I started walking one mile three times a day. For the past week I have been taking a five mile walk. My question is, what is better for you? Should I take five one mile walks, one five mile walk, or a couple of 2 1/2 mile walks? I am trying to get the most bang for my buck. 

turningpoint
on 5/30/11 4:27 am
i don't think it matters how you divvy it up.
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
immafatgirl
on 5/30/11 5:26 am - KY
i would just do what your comfortable with . try each one several times and see which way you like better.. wow.. u r doing some walking tho, thats for sure.keep up the good work...
pamkb
on 5/30/11 7:37 am - Crestview, FL
Don
Wow, congrats on putting your mileage in.  I think you are getting benefit no matter how you do it.  But here is my experience:  I use a heart rate monitor and I found that I started burning fewer calories from my walking workouts.  Doctor explained it was for 2 reasons:  I was carrying less weight and my heart and lungs had gotten stronger (more efficient).  So to burn the same amount of calories, I either had to extend my exercise time or increase my intensity.   So in addition to focusing on distance covered, focus also on time it takes and try to walk a little faster each week.  So pick any of your choices, based on any time constraints, and focus on doing each segment a little faster over time.  You'll be amazed at how your body responds!

Good luck and keep up the great work!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 250 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?