I cant imagine moving on.....

FavisRNY
on 5/31/11 1:54 am - TX
So for the past couple of days I've been having issues getting things down easily. I always end up having to throw up to releive some of the pressure from my chest and back. But I have noticed that wheni do throw up it not any of the food I just ate that is coming up. It is mainly saliva. Anyone else have this happen?

I understand this would happen when something is borderline approved foods but when its eggs (which I had no problem with in the past), yogurt, mashed potatoes, then I worry.

I am almost 5 weeks out now and I'm wondering if this happens to most of us.

At this point I cant imagine ever being ready and moving on the a full solids diet. I have an appointment at my 6 week mark but I dont think I'll be ready. When was everyone ready?

nfarris79
on 5/31/11 2:08 am - Germantown, MD
 The throwing up saliva part sounds like the foamies, but vomiting on a regular basis is NOT normal and should be brought to the attention of your surgeon. I'm going on week 7 and never threw up. Granted, getting things down was slow going for the majority of recovery but surgeon was happy with my progress and has cleared me for everything. Moving on to solids was a slow progression and I chew like crazy when I eat. Please talk to your surgeon - strictures may be under consideration.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

poet_kelly
on 5/31/11 2:24 am - OH
Wonder if you might be developing a stricture?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FavisRNY
on 5/31/11 2:41 am - TX

It seems to be a hit or miss thing. This morning I had peaches and they went fine. Granted I did chew them up quite a bit. Then for a snack i had a rice cake which also went down.

But last night when I had watermelon I couldnt get it down. I will be trying yogurt for lunch and see how that goes.

I'm scared it very well might be a stricture since I heard this is about when you start to get that. What is the corrective procedure for that?

poet_kelly
on 5/31/11 2:51 am - OH
The corrective procedure is, they do an endoscopy and then stretch it out with a balloon-thing.  It's not that big a deal, if it is that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FavisRNY
on 5/31/11 2:54 am, edited 5/31/11 2:54 am - TX
Im scheduled to meet with the surgeon next wed. Til then I will document everything that is happening.

Thank you for responding.

Sunshine1965
on 5/31/11 4:01 am
I am 5 weeks out today and I just experienced the "foamies" over the weekend :(  Not a good feeling!

lorilea
on 5/31/11 5:37 am - MN
the point you are at now was the hardest for me.  I was either nautious or throwing up every day, every time I ate.  I eventually got over this and I am feeling great now.  I think for me, I was probably eating too fast or not taking small enough bites.  I would definitely consult your dr. as it could be something more serious.
Becky D.
on 5/31/11 5:43 am - CA
I had this same problem.
I just kept trying to eat and at the end I was unable to eat any food for 2 weeks.
Finally went to the doctor & he thought I probably had a stricture.
As it turned out I did have a stricture and they fixed it.
Within a couple of days I was able to eat normally again.
Don't let yourself suffer too long when it is so easy to fix.
FavisRNY
on 6/6/11 3:22 am - TX
Becky how far out were you when you had to get this repaired?

And what exactly did the correction entail? Do you have to be put under again? And how long were you in the hospital?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views