You might be a redneck if .....

Carrie W.
on 5/30/11 9:11 am - KY
... you use a grass string to hold your pants up!

I had work I wanted to do outside today and I knew I'd get all hot and sweaty.  I still can't fit into my 24's so my only choice was my older pants that are really too big.  They HAD to stay up to keep me from chapping parts better left unmentioned. 

The grass string worked perfectly!  I'm thinking maybe I need suspenders though .....

I gave the horse (and myself) a bath and nearly lost both my rings.  I'm gonna wait to have them resized until I get below 200lbs.  I've only got 85 more lbs to go!!!!

Anybody else dealing with these damned cidadas?  I was going about my business thinking, man these things are LOUD.  One was sitting on my shoulder!!!  I screamed and jumped around making all the horses jump around.  It was no fun.  And they STINK when they die.  Eww!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Zeigled
on 5/30/11 9:46 am - Parkton, MD
We have cicadas here - but only every 17 years.....

We get A LOT of them though.  You can't walk anywhere without stepping on at least 5 at a time. 

I've never heard of a grass belt - very ingenious.
Carrie W.
on 5/30/11 1:12 pm - KY
Do you have them now?  I'm about to lose my mind!  I don't remember them being this loud last time.  Only 4 more weeks .....
Zeigled
on 5/30/11 11:01 pm - Parkton, MD
Not now - we're not due for another 10 yrs.  I think they get louder as I get older :-)
msromagnola
on 5/30/11 10:47 am
I guess you're talking about hay baling twine?  I use it all the time for everything -  to making a make-do halter for a horse to keeping the gate tied open - but I've never once used it to hold my pants up!  You gave me a chuckle - just imagining it.

MSROMAGNOLA
Carrie W.
on 5/30/11 1:11 pm - KY

Yeah, baling twine - grass string :)  This is the actual fiber stuff not the plastic.  Worked just fine.  And yeah, I've used it for tons and tons of stuff too.  It rates up there with duct tape and chewing gum for holding things together! 

Jodi H.
on 5/30/11 1:25 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
LOVE it!!!

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
chrisgraves
on 5/30/11 2:11 pm - MA
Go to your local jewlar and ask to have a ring guard put in. Mine cost $10, I'm down two full ring sizes since surgery.  That way you can wear your rings with out fear of lossing them.  They work!! Save your money and only have the rings sized once.  Especially with the price of gold and silver being so high right now.

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
tcole20
on 5/30/11 2:28 pm
I ordered a cheap band on Ebay a size smaller than my ring. I wear just the band most of the time, but if we are going out I wear the wedding rings on the inside and the band keeps them from falling off. I am waiting until I get closer to goal to have mine sized as well.
Congrats on the weight loss. :)
Starting Weight: 378
Weight on day of surgery: 365
Current Weight: 195
183 pounds lost!

AMRubel
on 5/30/11 9:40 pm
Helzberg Diamonds will put a ring guard on for free. I did purchase my rings there, but they have never asked me - they just put it right on for me. :) 

I too am waiting to have mine re-sized so they work great in the mean time!

I may have to get myself some grass string - I am tired of my pants falling off. What a horrible problem to have...  ;o)
Adrienne    
Highest Weight - 263.2  Surgery Weight - 247.40  Current Weight - 148.5   

*Total loss includes 15.8lbs lost on surgeon required pre-op diet.   
Most Active
Recent Topics