OT My Mother Passed Away

Ladytazz
on 6/6/11 7:37 pm
My brother called me this morning to tell me that my mother was in bad shape and wasn't expected to live much longer. He was freaking out because my sister is supposed to handle all the arrangements and he couldn't get in touch with her.
I was planning on coming to California on June 17th to say good bye so I called the airlines to see if I could change my flight. I got my flight changed. They had planes going out at 1:15pm, 1:30pm and 3:50 pm and I decided to go at 3:50. I didn't want to go alone so I asked my boyfriend he he would help me out and let me use his credit card to buy a ticket for my daughter. I bought the tickets and a rental car with his card. We got there around 8:30 and went to pick up the car and they wouldn't rent it to me because the credit card and the drivers license have to be from the same person. I didn't know this or I wouldn't have come. The guy at the counter was a real jerk. He smiled when I told him my mother was dying. No help, no suggestions, no compassion. Kept saying it wasn't worth losing his job over. Finally went to another place and it's the same story but this nice lady gave me a card of a guy that would work with us. My boyfriend sent him the information in an email and I was able to rent a car for twice as much as the other car but at least I had a car. By the time I was getting ready to go I got a call from my brother saying that my mother had passed away and she was all alone because my sister was on vacation and had no intention of ruining her vacation. She kept saying there was nothing she could do about it anyway. She kept telling me not to come. My brother was there but he didn't stay. He had to leave early so he wouldn't' miss any more work.
I brought my youngest daughter with me and we just didn't want her to die alone. That is what hurts the most. I tried but I just couldn't get there in time.
We were planning on staying a week. I packed in my bag all my envelopes of protein powder samples, like 20 of them and I bought 4 protein bars. I got my drink mix flavors and my vitamins. All l have had today was my protein coffee in the morning, a grilled chicken nacho with guacamole. I ate most of the chicken and some of the salsa and some cheese and some guacamole. I was going to bring it back to me to the hotel but when the guy at the first car rental place was being condescending about my mother and smiling about it I lost it and through my stuff down and destroyed my next 3 meals. Freaked out a toddler who was with him mom waiting on a car. I felt so bad I told him I was sorry and I should haven't talked like that because I said the F word.
Anyway, we are coming home on Wednesday so that was a expensive was of time. Maybe we'll be able to see my mother's boyfriend tomorrow if he is up to it.
So I have had 2 protein bars, a protein coffee and grilled chicken nachos from an over priced vendor at the airport which I wasted at least 3 meals because I got upset.
I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow for eating. I have about 20 different samples of protein so if I can get some milk I may just have those until I come home. This place has a fridge and microwave but nothing else like cups or plates. I bought a few cans of chili, too, if I can figure out how to open them
Maybe I should have waited on the Ambien until after I posted this.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/6/11 7:57 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. 

Hugs,

Winnie

turningpoint
on 6/6/11 8:03 pm
My condolences to you and your family
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
lynnc99
on 6/6/11 8:13 pm
I am so very sorry.
Pamela S.
on 6/6/11 8:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
So very sorry for your loss.  Take care.
Lady_Lin
on 6/6/11 8:52 pm - Champaign, IL
Just So Sorry to hear about your Loss, my thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family...and to the jerk at the counter, he deserved everything you said to him, every dog has their day and a bird dog has a season, shame on him, please remember to eat and stay hydrated...
Be Blessed,
Lady Lin
Katari
on 6/6/11 9:04 pm - OR
I am so sorry for your loss! 
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 9:16 pm
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

tori
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/6/11 9:23 pm - OH
I am SO sorry about your mother (and about the jackass at the car rental place).  Just reassure yourself that you did everything in your power to try to get there in time and that your mother would have understood that.  Please be gentle with yourself during this very stressful time.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

silly_sandy
on 6/6/11 9:53 pm - IL
So sorry to hear about your mom.  Take care of yourself.

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Most Active
Recent Topics