Clear Liquid Diet Suggestions

treehousestories
on 6/11/11 11:45 pm
Hello everyone! I have my two days of clear liquids on Tuesday and Wednesday before my surgery on Thursday. I've been doing low carb for two weeks and I'm really nervous about the transition. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to beat the hunger? Should I just try to stay super full of liquids? Also, tell me what you ate on your clear liquids diet. 

Thanks!
cajungirl
on 6/11/11 11:47 pm
I had to low carb for a month before surgery then clear liquids the day of surgery only.  I drank lots of iced tea and chicken broth.  The weather was nice so I stayed outside either walking or reading a book most of the day to keep my mind busy.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Holly O.
on 6/12/11 12:53 am - FL
  Hi!!  I am having surgery Wednesday.............I have been on low carbs, high protein for the last 2 weeks.  No eating after midnight before surgery...which is Tues night.  I am clear liquids for 1-2 weeks after surgery.  Here is what my dietien recommended:

Lite or diet cranberry juice; grape juice; Ocean Spray is a good brand; water, decaffeinated coffee or tea and sugar free kool-aid, 4C Flavor packets; swanson or College Inn Chicken or Vegetable broth; splenda or Stevia, sugar free jello, no sugar added Edy's fruit popsicles.

Hope this helps and the very best to you.............see you on the loser's bench!!!

-Holly
   Holly                                      
TamaraL
on 6/12/11 2:59 am
Egg drop soup has lots of protien.  I order from a chinese restaraunt all the time.  It is good and high in protien.

kaleidos
on 6/12/11 3:59 am
Lots of chicken and vegetable broth and herbal tea (warm liquids made me feel fuller.)

And then the opposite - sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles as the feel of "eating" something makes your head feel like you ate something.

Other than that, there was lots and lots of water, Crystal Light, decaf iced tea sweetened wish fresh mint and a bit of Splenda, clear protein drinks (Syntrax Nectars and 4Ever Fit Fruit Blast Isolates), and more water!

Even the diluted light juice made my blood sugar spike so after trying it twice I stopped it. The protein liquids did not do it.

More importantly, keep busy (trust me there will be lots of things to do), keep a water bottle in your hands at all times (might as well practice!), and remember that you can survive two days on just a liquid diet. (Some of us had weeks or even months to go through and survived. Though my spouse was lucky to do so when he decided to bring bad food home to eat in front of me. If you have a spouse or kids and them eating bothers you either send them out or go out yourself and do something.)

Weight loss includes 57.7 pounds before surgery. Not weighing until 2 weeks after surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics