5 days post op.

Sherry1RN
on 6/12/11 8:55 pm - NC
I still have this full or bloated sensation in the top  of my stomach. Maybe this is normal from the surgery I am  not sure. Am new to this so want to make sure everything is going ok.  Not feeling to bad. Surgery went well. Post op has been ok so far. Still having swelling in feet and ankles that I had before surgery. am drinking ok I think so far.

Sherry1RN
on 6/12/11 10:01 pm - NC
wow, hard to get a comment to post on this site.

Amy R.
on 6/12/11 10:40 pm
I think that's pretty "normal", if not almost universal, after this particular surgery Sherry. Sometimes GasX helps, even if you're not sure it's gas. Walking helps exponentially. Of course if it's bothering you a lot you probably should call your surgeon's office this morning.

Congrats on your surgery!!!! And, at day 5, you're almost through "hell week" which is another thing to celebrate. Sounds like you're doing pretty well though - which is great because the first few days is by far the worst part as far as discomfort goes. (Probably am not telling you anything you do not know, since you're a nurse).

Hang in there=)
Amy T.
on 6/13/11 1:54 am - CA
Hi Sherry!

Congrats on your surgery!  I am on day 3.  I had the same full bloated sensation.  For me, it was definitely gas pain.  Today I started passing gas.... and it never felt so good!  ;-)  Much relief.  I was also using gas x strips that helped.  Walking as much as you can helps move it around!

Glad to hear everything went well and you are on the mend!  Good luck with the pain!

Best wishes!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

losing-jennifer
on 6/13/11 3:18 am
Hold on...day 7 is gas free! It passed over the weekend and I feel like my clothes are loose now too!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

foreverthin
on 6/13/11 3:33 am
 I had my surgery on Wednesday and have the same feeling.  My abdomen from the waist up does not even look the same as it did prior to surgery.  I don't carry a ton of weight in my stomach area and I feel pregnant right now.  I haven't lost any weight yet.  Today I am finally back to the same weight I was the morning of surgery!  I'm feeling much better each day though and am officially off the pain meds.
Sherry1RN
on 6/13/11 6:41 am - NC
Thanks for the input everyone.  I sure hope it does go by day 7. Today has been a little worse for the bloat, and I have only gotten in 32 oz of fluids and the day is growing short. Look forward to chatting with each of you as our journey continues. I am not quite back at pre surgery wt yet, still have a couple of pounds to go.