treats?

Carrie W.
on 6/15/11 2:51 am - KY
What do you consider a treat?  How far out are you?  How often do you have a treat? 

I'm 10 weeks out and I don't really think I've had a "treat".  I've had things that aren't on my plan yet.  I had some fruit that's not allowed on my plan until I've lost all my weight.  I figured the carbs and calories into my day and didn't go over on either.  Unfortunately the cherries caused me to dump (or something, felt like crap), so I won't do that again.  I've also had some whole wheat crackers that aren't on the plan but I stayed within my carb allowance.  I guess that's why I don't consider those things a treat.  I definitely don't eat them everyday but I didn't go over.  Maybe that would be a treat to someone else? 

I'm not trying to justify what I'm doing or anything.  I'm just curious about how everybody else treats .... treats.

Thanks!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

poet_kelly
on 6/15/11 3:06 am - OH
Protein ice cream, a skinny decaf vanilla latte from Starbucks, half a regular chocolate chip cookie (not very often), certain protein bars that are really yummy ( I like the Luna lemon zest and Atkins has a chocolate chip granola bar that I swear tastes just like a real chocolate chip granola bar).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carrie W.
on 6/15/11 3:09 am - KY
Cool that your "treats" are protein forward!

Do you find that that occasional cookie brings the carb-craving monster back?  I am by no means questioning your decisions, I'd just like to know if it effects things.

Thanks!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

poet_kelly
on 6/15/11 3:14 am - OH
Well, not all my treats are protein forward, but some are.

The cookie doesn't bring the carb monster back for me but I imagine it might for some people.  If you're afraid it will for you, then don't try it.  If you want to fine out, then try it but be prepared for the possibility.  And if it does, then of course don't do it again.

I feel like it helps me to be able to eat something "normal" once in a while.  And I am below my goal weight, so it is working for me so far.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carla M.
on 6/15/11 3:18 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
My treat is SF popsicles. I love them! I'm getting ready to try Nik's protein frozen pops to make my treats a little healthier. For now, my SF popsicles do the trick!
hookemnance
on 6/15/11 3:45 am - Austin, TX
I don't think i could do this without treats. I try to stick to sugar free or low sugar, but occasionally, i have a piece of chocolate (i try to stick to dark- less sugar) and i LOVE blue bunny sweet freedom ice cream treats. (3 g of sugar, 100-120 calories)
Joanne M.
on 6/15/11 3:47 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
I'm only 13 weeks out and try not to "treat" myself too much.  This is maybe not a treat but I have to have SF mints with me.  It really helps to have one after a meal, especially since I can't drink anything for another 30 minutes.  Joanne

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 3:53 am - CA
  My favorite treat/snack is 1/2 cup of 0 Fage' yogurt, a little SF Torani vanilla syrup, 5 sliced real thin small strawberries and 2 Tablespoons of Walden Farms 0 calorie chocolate dip  all mixed together.  yum!/ 
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/11 4:29 am - Boston, MA
 I treat myself.. treat to me means something not in my plan regardless if it puts me over the calorie or carb count for the day.. which it never has; but I have had a 1/2 of a cookie, a lick of a spoon after frosting cupcakes, a handfull of chips and this past weekend I had 6 cheeze its (and they were yummy)
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/15/11 4:50 am

As my RH become more and more sensitive to carbs, my list of "allowed" treats has been shrinking and shrinking...
I used to be able to have: (not anymore)
SF fudgesicles (I loved them)
some - bite here and there cookies, cake... 
some wine (after 10 months post op)
more verity of fruits, with a very little restrictions
Arcti**** cream
rice cakes
crackers
wraps. 

But my body started reacting to all of those foods so I had to eliminate them. 

Now My treats are: 

some fruits (mostly berries, grapefruit)
whip cream
nuts
nut butter
dark chocolate (75 or 85%) - a few pieces
protein ice cream
home made pop-icicles
NSA hot cocoa (not from the mix)
chewing gum 
cheese (full fat - like brie, or any other "special cheese")
protein muffins, cake and cookies (I make that)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics