so mad.

Amykins512
on 6/14/11 9:52 am - PA
In order for me to be approved for surgery i need to get a green light by a psychiatrist . Everyone with my insurance does. Well. I got a yellow light because i said i binged in the last 6 months. Completly took me out of context. Of course i ate 4 pieces of pizza and 2 bowels of ice cream. Isnt that the reason why im going through this process. So now i have to wait even longer. 3 months to be exact to get the green light. Im furious. When ur honest you get screwed
Rebecca H.
on 6/14/11 10:18 am
To me, 4 pieces of pizza and 2 bowls of ice cream wasn't binging. That would be a normal supper for me. Sorry you have to wait. I would be upset too. I was in agony just waiting for the approval that took 4 weeks. Hang in there because even though you have to wait for another 3 months it will all be worth it. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe pushing out your surgery 3 months will somehow help you in the long run. Dr with a good night sleep before the surgery, anasthesiologist then will be better than the one you would have if your surgery was earlier. Everything happens for a reason.. Hang in there.
hlacy
on 6/14/11 10:34 am - Chandler, AZ
Agreed - 4 pieces of pizza would be a normal meal for me (no ice cream, though, as I'm lactose intolerant, LOL)...? But I do also think everything happens for a reason. My last job would never approve my surgery, and after two years I was recruited and hired by my current employer - and they have a magnificent WLS benefit :) My surgery is just over two months away! It will all work out for you...
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Laura A.
on 6/15/11 2:02 am - Manteca, CA
My insurance required us to take  'Healthy Eating' classes to qualify for surgery.  The class facilitator was the psychologist who would then give the OK for surgery.

During these series of classes, we had many discussions on binge eating vs overeating.  As an obese person I truly did not (and even now as a thinner person, still do not) know the real difference.  From what you described you ate....I'd call that overeating.....  Anyway, from these discussions, we gleaned this doctor frowned upon binge eating...

So all the participants in these classes had a 'heads-up' as to how to answer her questions during her psych exam....

I feel for you....  3 months may seem like an eternity, but when you look back it will have passed quickly.

If anyone can explain to me the difference in binge eating vs overeating, I'm listening....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

Most Active
Recent Topics