Open Letter to McDonald's

janet2921
on 6/16/11 9:28 pm - Chicago, IL
Dear McDonald's Restaurants,
Yesterday, I ordered an iced coffee, no flavor.  I added "Sweet n Low" to my beverage.  When I sipped it, my iced coffee was extremely  SWEET!! 

Why do you find it necessary to add SUGAR to everything?  There was no warning!  You advertised your iced coffee with having coffee, cream and ice.  That was a sneaky trick you pulled by adding sugar to my beverage.

Some of your customers are trying to eliminate sugars from our meals.  Why do you feel it is necessary to sabotage our efforts?  I know understand why so many folks are protesting your establishment. 

I am going to return to McDonald's today and try again.  I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt.  My iced coffee today better not be sweet!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 9:31 pm
It is going to be sweet because the "cream" they say is cream is actually a powdered mix that is LOADED with sugar. Best to order just straight up coffee and add your own stuff to it. I started making my own here at home, yes it takes a bit more time BUT at least I know what is going in to it.
janet2921
on 6/16/11 9:55 pm - Chicago, IL
Ah Ha!  Thank you BB!  Now I understand.  When McDonald's first came out with their McCafe's, the Iced Coffee was with plain cream.  OK, they have since sweetened up their formula. 
Thank you BB for the clarification.  No need for me to purchase it again. 

I guess its just going to be hard to avoid sugars these days.  Poor us! 

Janet

cent100

janet2921
on 6/16/11 9:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Dear McDonald's,
Will you ...... Oh never mind!

Janet

cent100

SweetGatorGirl
on 6/16/11 11:04 pm - Gainesville, FL
LOL...Yes...I see you are a smart lady...McDonald's does not care if they lose the business of a few in an effort to make the masses happy.  Unfortunately, in this country, we who choose no sugar are a very small minority.  That said, I'm with you.
HW 252/SW 243/GW 135/CW 146                

janet2921
on 6/17/11 4:12 am - Chicago, IL
Yes Gator, can you believe that even Cheerios sugar-coat their multi-grain cereal.   And that is supposed to be "healthy".  But as you said, we are in the minority.

Janet

cent100

nate2009
on 6/17/11 12:19 am - Lebanon, OH
I vowed to never give fastfood my money again. Almost 2 years later it's been an occassional cup of coffee or wendy's chili when traveling.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
janet2921
on 6/17/11 4:10 am - Chicago, IL
Nate, for me, its mainly salads and coffee at carry out restaurants.  I do the Wendy's chili too.  But, I was truly surprised at McDonalds' for making the iced coffee sweet.  I'll do as advised and just continue with the black coffee.

Janet

cent100

seattledeb
on 6/17/11 4:22 am
Iced latte with 2 splendas. Once a day. The boy gets a yogurt.

dancingdaisy
on 6/17/11 7:18 am - Canada
Ask for the coffee to be made with one percent milk instead of cream
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 453 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 352 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views