Feeling Nauseous after Vitamins

Jeanine J.
on 6/17/11 1:34 am
I take my vitamins every morning and every morning shortly after I take my vitamins I get really nauseous! I hate the feeling but I deal with it because I need my vitamins. I take it with a small amount of food but I am still nauseous. I have phenergan (sp) and I take that but it doesn't help. I am wondering if there is a "magic" food that will help with the sick feeling. It is a very bad feeling and I know I can't stop taking my vitamins (I wouldn't do that anyway). I just want to be at ease when I take my meds!

What's worth the PRIZE is ALWAYS worth the FIGHT!                
terilynn112
on 6/17/11 1:52 am - maryland, NY
i suffer the same fate!

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

nomoresugar
on 6/17/11 2:47 am
try taking them later in the day, after you have been hydrated for a time.
Pholaris
on 6/17/11 3:05 am
Have you tried taking them after breakfast?
Pregnancy%20ticker
T. Deeds
on 6/17/11 3:32 am
They were just talking about this at my post-op support group, apparently the iron in the multi-vitamin can make you nauseated.  They recommended taking it right at bedtime, so you won't feel the nausea, because you're asleep.

patrickh
on 6/17/11 3:53 am - Dayton, OH
It is the iron that bothers me too - unfortunately I take 3 a day due to low iron and spread them out.  It seems like taking them on on empty somach is what triggers me so I try to take them with some sort of snack.

Highest 406 / Surgery 391 / Lowest 196 / Current 219

poet_kelly
on 6/17/11 5:50 am - OH
What kind of iron do you take?  Carbonyl rarely causes nausea, but ferrous sulfate and some other types often do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Heidi S.
on 6/17/11 3:46 am - leesburg, FL
I take mine to work, and take them through the morning.. If not I feel sick to.

CheshireSmile
on 6/17/11 4:29 am
I had to take mine with my protein shakes up until about 4 months out.  It was the only thing that made me not feel sick.  Good luck!

"Comparison is the thief of all joy" - Dwight Edwards
Height:  6ft 
_Karen
on 6/17/11 5:14 am - Clearwater, FL
I know a lot of people on here will not agree with this BUT  all my vitamins are gummys, my multi and my fiber (these are just newly out) my B12 and my D3 and I take chocolate calcium citrate.  ( I buy all from Walgreens)  I take them  after dinner usually and also serves as a treat for me since they are like candy.  I'm not saying this is the best way, I just know I am over 9 months post op and my labs are perfect!  I got the same way with pills, nauseous and I didn't want to stop taking them because of that.  This works for me, might be something you could look into for a while anyways.  I'm sticking with it unless my labs change. 

Hope you feel better!

Most Active
Recent Topics