Really. Spam in my inbox? It said.....

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/17/11 10:11 am, edited 6/17/11 10:14 am

Personal message

Date Sent: June 17, 2011 - 4:57pm
From: buba0203      Click here to add this user to your friends list
Subject: Hello Dear.
Hello Dear.
My name is Miss Ani i saw your profile today at www.italki.com and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
Here is my email address ([email protected])
I believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.Ani.(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life
([email protected])
please reply me with my email address.
WHAT KIND OF FOOLISHNESS?
WHOMEVER YOU ARE, KEEP IT MOVING.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Dave Chambers
on 6/17/11 10:44 am - Mira Loma, CA
This does happen. I've gotten several over the past 5 years, and I always block them.  Most say deactivated member, but the text is always similar.  And don't reply to them. This may be a result of a virus from someone's computer who may have your email address on that infected computer. I spoke to a woman over the phone a couple of weeks ago, and she asked me to send a photo of an item.  BTW, I have very good virus protection on my computers.  The next day she wrote to me and said she could not view the photos, although I'd never sent her anything. I called her, and she said there was a questionaire she had to fill out to view the photos.  I had to politely tell her that I never send questionaires that have to be filled out to view a photo. I told her someone must have my email address on their infected computer, and I would recommend she NEVER fill out something with personal data to someone she really doesn't know. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/17/11 11:12 am
wow. I agree with you. I never opened it and sent a msg. OH staff member. Thsi is the 4th one I have recieved since being a member. I just wanted to post this incase someone else gets one. thanks for responding.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

katiecnm
on 6/17/11 11:42 am - Goshen, IN
My first message was a spam message. Very discouraging for sure. I just deleted the post.

kandis74
on 6/17/11 11:56 am - Bakersfield, CA
I got the same exact one! I just block and delete them. I get them from time to time.
shesha81
on 6/17/11 12:18 pm - Gardner, MA
I got this one too! Deleted it but forgot to block it
gbsinsatx
on 6/17/11 1:54 pm - San Antonio, TX
I just got this same exact one also.
I blocked and deleted it.
I have received similar ones before.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

T M.
on 6/20/11 4:40 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 09/20/12
Got the same message. Spam and delete!