Hi guys: New member here Having Gastric Bypass on June 28th

TheChubbyRN
on 6/19/11 12:30 pm - Oakland Gardens, NY
 Hello, I just joined. I weigh 318 lbs, and am having Roux en Y surgery done on june 28th in 9 days. I would appreciate any advice from members that have had the surgery. Thank you
karif
on 6/19/11 12:37 pm - CA
congrats! I'm going on the 27th and have the same status as you except i'm female! Are you as nervous as I am?? Possible runawy patient here..soooo that being said any words of
encouragement I will appreciate and treasure! Good luck!!!
Bkritty
on 6/19/11 12:54 pm
My surgery is on the 27th too! Are you both on liquid diets? I have been on one since the 13th! I am so excited for my surgery!!

HeatherLane
on 6/19/11 12:59 pm
Hello and welcome !! I just joined myself and I already am getting so much information and support from these lovely people ! =) 
Does this font make me look fat ? 
 Check out my blog ! http://asmallerass.blogspot.com/

Amy T.
on 6/19/11 1:20 pm - CA
Hi!  I just had surgery 9 days ago.  My initial advice for you is to BREATHE..... take it all in, and enjoy the journey.  In my opinion,  the more positive your attitude, the better your recovery!

Do what you're told from the surgeon and nurses, and walk when you can after surgery!  When things get tough just remember "this too shall pass"...

Good luck to you on your new life journey!
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Mia H.
on 6/19/11 10:23 pm - OH
 That is great advice!  Also, don't get yourself too overwhelmed with all the reading.  I read every book I could get a hold of and all these different sites.  I was looking up things all the time.  It's great to read up on it, but I found myself just getting too much.  My surgery is tomorrow.  I met with my surgeon last week and she said "Mia, keep it simple.  Remember these 3 things, stay hydrated, get your protein, and take your vitamins."   Good luck with your surgey! 

shellybellymichele
on 6/19/11 2:24 pm - Canton, OH
Hello we have the same date I will also have my surgery on the 28th
Melissalove3
on 6/19/11 3:09 pm - Portland, OR
Congrats on all of your up coming surgeries!!!  You are in for one Hell of a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Follow your doctors orders, stay hydrated, and just know  that the first couple of weeks everything is temporary... Liquids only, then puree, gas, runny poop, then you cant go~~~ Its crazy! But, worth every minute I am thankful everyday that I was able to have the surgery and be healthy and happy.

Mandee
on 6/19/11 7:33 pm - NY
My surgery is scheduled for 28th as well. It helps me to know that this site is here. Already just reading many of these posts have eased my nerves. Best of luck to everyone!