FATS????

Sadeyes49
on 6/21/11 1:43 am - CT

I'm not sure!

Sadeyes49
on 6/21/11 1:39 am - CT
Amy I had my surgery on May 26, 2011!! I have another headache today. The last one was over the weekend and didn't go away for 2 days!!  Personally, you are right!
Carrie W.
on 6/21/11 1:37 am - KY
You NUT sounds very much like mine!

Here are my rules:

- 400-600 cal/day until all excess weight is lost then 1000-1200 cal/day
 - 60-80g of protein/day
 - NO fruit until excess weight is lost
 - NO bread product of any kind (cereal, crackers, pasta - even whole grain****il excess weight is lost
 - I have a very restricted list of veggies.  That'll get better when I get to 3 months out.  No potatoes or starchy veggies
 - No protein shakes - protein must come from food. 
 - NO SNACKING EVER
 - No more than 5g carbs/meal for a total of 15g carbs per day. 
 - I was told not to worry about fats.  Of course, I can't have much fat and stay under 600 cal/day so ....

I drink a protein shake for breakfast.  I talked to the nut and she said that a shake as a "meal replacement" is okay but not in addition to 3 meals a day.  I do eat some cereal for fiber (see my thread on that, probably going to change that).  I also eat some fruit.  I had a dumping episode from cherries so I'm very, very careful about the fruit. 

When I was stalled, I had a really hard time with my plan.  I was on here seeing the lbs drop off people who were eating twice as many calories as me!  It really bothered me.  Once the stall broke, it's much easier to deal with.  One issue I had was the protein.  I want to get in 80g a day.  In order to do that without a shake, I'd have to eat 4oz of meat per meal.  That doesn't leave room for ANYTHING ELSE.  I just couldn't handle that!  But with a 40g protein shake for breakfast, I can have two "normal" meals with 3oz of meat and some veggies. 

My clinic is a COE.  If I trusted them enough to have my surgery there, I should trust them enough to follow the plan.  It's hard but I try. 

Good luck!! 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Sadeyes49
on 6/21/11 1:45 am - CT
What kind of fruit do you eat?
Carrie W.
on 6/21/11 1:49 am - KY
I have eaten strawberries, pineapple and cherries. 

I dumped on cherries but I ate probably more than I should have and didn't eat them with a meal so not only was I eating the forbidden fruit, I was also snacking.

Usually I'll have a couple bites of fruit in place of the veggies in a meal.  So it sits in my pouch and waits for the meat to go down first.  That may be why I only dumped on the cherries when I had them by themselves. 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

G.I.Jane
on 6/21/11 4:30 am
Your NUT and mile must share a brain. Except for the "no shakes" thing that is. Mine was o.k. on shakes until about 3 months out, then she says to start weaning off of them. I hated them anyway, so I try to get all my protein from foods.

Very limited fruits... FOREVER.
Very limited carbs.... FOREVER.
No Cereals, no sodas....

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

Bettisima
on 6/21/11 2:29 am
My plan, allows for 5 - 6 small meals a day. Limit carbs to no more than 15 grams per mini meal. Banana, strawberry and fruits canned in water or their own juices added at 3 weeks. At 6 weeks, it's whatever you can tolerate, as long as you hit the protein goal, and limit your carbs. Wheat crackers, as long as they are planned and with in the carb allowance.

My plan never included cream of wheat or potatoes. Actually no cream soups either. After 6 weeks soups are off limits because the break the eating and drinking rule. Same with cereal and milk, but I can mix cereal in my yogurt.
scherrie50
on 6/21/11 2:58 am
Wow, lots of variations. Thanks for sharing!
evacheryl1959
on 6/21/11 3:21 am - OH
 I think that sounds unreasonable myself.  I ate cream of mushroom soup blended after surgery and also ate cream of wheat.  My doctor says to eat more than 60 protein and less than 60 carbs each day.  I eat food as tolerated but always eat protein first.  I ate 1 strawberry the other day and I did fine.  I like the 60/60 numbers for it is easy to remember. I hope this helps some.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 460 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics