Protein Bars!!

Tessmama_of4
on 6/24/11 7:55 am
I am trying to find a good protein Bar that I could eat a couple times a day to help with more protein. I am 8 weeks out and I can only get in 1 to 2 protein drinks a day.. 3 is very hard for me to do. So if you could give me any ideas that would be great. I have walmart,rite aid,walgreens,Kmart around me.. Thanks
Dee2011
on 6/24/11 8:07 am - PA
Pure Protien, oh yeah wafers. PP is found at Walmart and Oh Yeah is at vitamin World and GNC.
azreggie
on 6/24/11 8:10 am - Tucson, AZ
I get the Pure Protein bars at Costco. 180 calories, 20 grms of protein.

Reggie

Price S.
on 6/24/11 8:17 am - Mills River, NC
We didn't have protein bars on our plan until much later than 8 weeks.  Then, and now, we are to have 1/2 of a 20g protein bar.  Pure protein meets the criteria of our plan, so does the small Oh Yeah bar.  I would think some lean protein would be just as good if not better.  Can you do deli meat?  It is low fat, 0 carb and 1 ounce, generally 1 slice is about as much as 1/2 protein bar.  I did lots of meat can cheese rollups with a slice of deli meat and a string cheese early out.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

unewillow
on 6/24/11 9:56 am - CT
I wouldn't eat more than 1 protein bar a day...they tend to be designed as meal replacements and while they can have a good amount of protein they often have a lot of calories/carbs/sugars in them as well.

karlawmcdonald
on 6/25/11 5:39 pm - Lawrenceburg, TN
Pure Protein is by far the best IMO and are on sale for $.99 at Kroger right now
Carb Masters Yougurt, sunflower seeds, string cheese, cottage cheese, lots of ways to slip your protein in, but as mentioned keep it at one a day, two on rare occasion. These are perfect for on the road trips or when away from home.
Chilipepper
on 6/25/11 11:23 pm, edited 6/25/11 11:23 pm
Quest bars are a fantastic choice... www.questproteinbar.com/

That being said...everything in moderation...you would be better served trying to get your protein in by getting some 2% cheese and some good Deli meats(like the previous poster said)..and making a few roll ups..I dip them in mustard...Boars Head has a fantastic Cracked Pepper turkey breast and I always have it in the fridge...that and a hunk of Cracker Barrel vermont chedder and I am happy as a clam...also...seafood...tuna fish, salmon salad...these are things you can make and have in the fridge...in this early stage of your quest...try and learn to cook and eat your protein rather than depend on things like protein bars.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 439 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views