There is hope...

Kim26
on 6/26/11 12:10 pm
I am just over 2 month post-op and for those first 2 months I was just barely surviving. There were times when I had such a feeling of regret for doing the surgery. I would watch others eating things, and always smile and say that it was totally OK, that I knew what I was getting myself into before I had the surgery (but inside I was thinking of ways to tackle them for their piece of cake)!  :)   Starting 2-3 weeks after surgery I could not (and still can't) eat any dairy (including whey protein powder) so I was living on turkey meatloaf...literally, every day.  This past Friday I was finally advanced to eat normal foods...and for the first time in a long time I am starting to feel human again!  I thought I was always going to feel like a patient!

I just wanted to let you know that if you are in a liquid, puree, or very limited stage, PLEASE know that it really does get better. When you are going through it a day can seem like a week....and a week like a month. I totally understand!!!  This board is a great way to vent and get support! Hang in there!!!  Someone has said it on here before - WLS is not for Wussies - and boy, they weren't kidding! 

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons.? - Jim Rohn   
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

(17 lbs lost pre-op)
Jacobsmama08
on 6/26/11 12:29 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
"WLS is not for wussies" Aint that the truth!! "The easy way out" another one of my faves.... LOL.

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

karif
on 6/26/11 12:32 pm - CA
thank you for your honesty..i am going tomorrow for surgery and freaking out with worry and stress. its good to know that its not all perfect as others are telling me..head hunger appears to me really tough! hang in there as you blaze the trail for the ones that follow in your success and please keep sharing!
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/26/11 12:36 pm
I thank you for your honesty.

I see LOTS of post where folks are saying, oh, it was easy,piece of cake and etc. I can't say if it was easy or not for them but I SURE DO ENJOY A NICE POST OF HONESTY.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Jacobsmama08
on 6/26/11 2:13 pm - Morgan Hill, CA
It's not easy, a piece of cake, but it's also not as hard as you might think... once you get through the actual surgery and the first few weeks... it's smooth sailing... counting on the fact that you don't have any 'issues'. it becomes second nature after the first month or so... you CAN do it!!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/26/11 10:39 pm
On June 26, 2011 at 9:13 PM Pacific Time, Jacobsmama08 wrote:
It's not easy, a piece of cake, but it's also not as hard as you might think... once you get through the actual surgery and the first few weeks... it's smooth sailing... counting on the fact that you don't have any 'issues'. it becomes second nature after the first month or so... you CAN do it!!
You know, I was speaking about the surgery itself and then the liquids and puree etc. I guesss I should have added that as well.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

dasie
on 6/26/11 7:55 pm
The scripture you have quoted in your signature line is one of my favorites.

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 6/26/11 10:40 pm
I love that chapter.

dasie
on 6/26/11 7:53 pm
Ohhhhhh it does get better....and a little too quickly.  I remember when I was a few weeks out I read  a post by an 8 month post op who said she missed those early days.  I thought, "You are nuts!"  But at 19 months post op, I absolutely agree and often miss those early days when hunger was non-existent and eating was the LAST thing on my mind.  Your post helps remind others things do eventually return to normal.

Tonya0531
on 6/26/11 10:54 pm - Lake, MS
I will be the first to say that this was absolutely the hardest thing I have ever done!  Both mentally and physically, it was exhausting.  I'm 9 weeks out today and I think that it was by far the best thing I've ever done now.  I thought the first month that it was the biggest mistake ever, but with the help and support of people here I survived.
Tonya
HW: 274  PreOp Diet: 271  Surgery: APRIL 25, 2011   
LilySlim - (6Jve)
I love my new life!!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?