Gah! Giant ouchies, help!!

ceruleanme
on 6/27/11 2:50 pm - CA
I am 3mo post-op, and have been doing really well lately.

Yesterday I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone. They basically drugged me up with pain killers and sent me home. I've gotten stone chronically since before surgery, this was basically no big deal... but the dilaudid they gave me made me vomit really hard last night...

Today, I've been hurting so much. I'm having a lof of pain on my left side, and everytime I eat or drink, my insides hurt even more.  Also, things seem awfully gurgley, much like I was for the first few weeks post-op.

I've put in a call to my surgeon, and I'm waiting to hear back... but I'm miserable. What do I do? Think I broke something?

Rebecca H.
on 6/27/11 3:16 pm
I dont' know. I have no words of wisdom to share. I'm thinking about you and I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing...
ceruleanme
on 6/27/11 3:17 pm - CA
Thank you!

Welll, my surgeon says this is an "ER sort of thing" so off I go... :(

Rebecca H.
on 6/27/11 3:23 pm
I hope the pain meds don't make you sick this time. Make sure they know you've had a RNY, that might make them give you a different dosage you can tolerate ???? Maybe..
newtintn
on 6/27/11 3:39 pm - TN
 Sounds to me like youve pulled a newly healed muscle from the vomiting. I had something similar happen to me ...i stood up too fast one day and either pulled a muscle or an internal stitch..but it hurt so bad I could barely MOVE! Went to the ER it was so bad, cat scan showed nothing but nurses there said pbly pulled muscle or stitch. I went back to wearing my binder and it REALLY helped a LOT and a little over a week later I was feeling much better. Good luck, try the binder.

ceruleanme
on 6/28/11 6:09 am - CA
Apparently, I fractured a rib while throwing up.... I didn't even know you could do that!
Celia S.
on 6/29/11 5:37 am - Grand Junction, CO
Sorry that you have a fractured rib, but so glad you didn't have anything wrong with your pouch or anything!

Hope you start feeling better real soon! :)
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 305 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 305 views