Do others feel this way?

Kimanne01
on 7/4/11 2:08 am
I am almost 3 months out and I have suddenly lost the desire to eat.  This is very new to come.  I have definitely lost the desire to eat previously but that was due to the annoyance of chewing so much, not feeling hungry, anxiety over reacting badly to the food I eat etc.  But I havent felt like this is a long time and frankly this feels different.  I have to force myself to eat right now and frankly all I want to do is drink protein shakes.  I try and put food in my mouth but i phyically cant get myself to swallow.  Its just concerning me. I am not on any medications, so I know its not because of that.  Is this normal?

on 7/4/11 2:27 am - OR
I can't say if its normal, but as I have been following these boards almost a year and I have seen others say the same thing. Hope its just a stage and food sounds appealing again.

CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 7/4/11 2:33 am
I haven't lost my desire to eat solid food but my relationship with food has definitely changed. I like the taste of the foods I eat but I don't enjoy my meals like I used to. I find myself transitioning into "eating to live" instead of  "living to eat."  It's what I had hoped would happen. I now go out to dinner with friends to enjoy our time spent together instead of focusing in on the meal. The meal has become secondary.  And I am thrilled about this.
Sandy  

ktharp89
on 7/4/11 2:35 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I never want to eat. I feel like eating is a chore and I really don't like it. I hate chewing so much and most food doesn't sit well. If I don't force myself to eat I end up eating the tiniest amount in a day which I know is bad. I'm never hungry either and most food just doesn't taste good.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

katiedid_911
on 7/4/11 2:37 am
I don't know about losing the desire to eat, but I do have days where I don't want food and I just want my protein drinks and that's it.  It used to bother me, but now I just go with it.  I make sure I get my liquids in and my protein in and call it good.  Usually I'm like this when it's super hot outside or I'm just not feeling well.  Or....I'm just being lazy and don't feel like putting much into my meals.  I have learned to just go with the flow and try to remember that tomorrow is a new day.  
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Ladytazz
on 7/4/11 2:41 am
 I am sure things will change, they always do, but for now food doesn't have as much importance to me.  I really don't like to cook so sometimes it's a chore to fix something to eat.  I used to just run to the closest fast food place but now that doesn't appeal to me so I try to keep things that are easy to fix handy so that I don't have an excuse not to eat.  I have been know to have a protein shake or bar in place of a meal though when the mood strikes me.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Mary Catherine
on 7/4/11 7:44 am
 I went through that for more than a year. Mostly lived on protein shakes and ended up taking Benefiber every day.  The idea of the surgery is to lose weight so I never forced myself to eat.  I do eat now, but never have been hungry again.  
Lcat4
on 7/4/11 7:58 am
Lcat4
on 7/4/11 8:00 am
We eat for life now. Some days you want food, some days you don't, but you eat anyway and get your protein, water and vitamins in because this is your life.