Anyone else??

Lara B.
on 7/19/11 12:39 pm - CA
Quick question for y'all......I'm 3 weeks post-op, and have recently been cleared to eat fruit, veggies, meat (soft) and I'm having a horrible problem with gas in my stomach......constantly burping when eating solids.....is this common, and if not, has anyone else had this issue?  It's gotten bad enough to make me vomit.  I also get stomach cramps when taking my pills or eating solids too.....do they pass or is it something you'll just get used to? 

Thanks!!

Lara  :D
shellbell75
on 7/19/11 12:53 pm, edited 7/19/11 12:53 pm
I took my night meds like 20 minutes ago and was experiencing stomach cramps/spasms. It's only happened a few times. I am 3 weeks (four on Friday) I have lots of gas and I am still on liquid and will be for 2 more weeks.
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

missjann
on 7/19/11 12:57 pm
Some or all of it will pass.  Take it really slow and easy and chew, chew, chew.  I'm 7 months out and I still sometimes eat too fast.  Keep your post-op appointments and keep your doc up on how you're doing and what you're feeling.  I still have some stomach cramps when I eat solids....some days I just drink protein drinks or eat mushies...some days I can toss down real food.  The pouch can be fickle.
    Jan

Ale L.
on 7/19/11 12:59 pm
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 i remember being told that the burping is a resut of there being too much air taken in when you eat or drink.  part of the reason you have to chew very well and eat slowly.  in terms of the cramping in the stomach...i ended up having to drink from a straw to minimize the amount of air i took in.  a lot of people are against using a straw because they claim you take in too much air or drink to fast, but it was the only way i was able to get in my fluids.  

you also get used to it.  but the gas will pass, it does get easier, i think i was 4 weeks out before i was feeling a bit more like normal.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 184 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 184 views