Constipation

SelfPay
on 7/20/11 3:05 pm
Hi Everyone.  What causes constipation? Not enough water or what?  I mean, even Miralax is only somewhat effective.  I'm cycling through this once a week.  Thanks!
Price S.
on 7/20/11 9:11 pm - Mills River, NC
it is a number of things.  Less fiber, less water, less exercise in the beginning, new arrangement for our insides, less space for things to totally digest.  Many folks find it takes a mulit fascetied approach.  I eat veggies (low carb) with almost every meal, take benefiber, get way over my 64oz of fluid and have a hot drink every morning.  Others have to do more.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

hisxmorticia
on 7/20/11 9:49 pm - FL
i have terrible constipation! i was doing benefiber & it helped, but the last time i took it i felt so horrible when the time came im scared to take it again. idk what im going to do, but i know i need to do something!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LoraLeeME
on 7/20/11 11:16 pm
I have this same problem. I'm drinking my water, but since I'm still restricted in the amount of foods I can eat at any one meal it's difficult to get enough fiber in. I'm still eating about 2oz of protein 4-5 times a day. I'm hoping to add more fruit & salads once the doctor advances my diet at my next appointment. Meanwhile, I've been using Milk of Magnesia as needed (every 2-3 weeks) and just started taking Colace once a day. I'll see how that works.

Good luck to you.
wisaluv
on 7/21/11 1:05 am - Pueblo, CO
Im currently having this issue and I feel awful.  I emailed my nutritionist to see what I should be doing.

Dee2011
on 7/21/11 1:18 am - PA
I have been suffering with this ever since surgery.  Ended up in the ER for six hours once.   I now take 6 colace, the Walmart brand.  @ in morning, 2 in afternoon and 2 before bed.  I also drink a can of V8 low sodium each day.  I have added raspberries, blackberries and strawberries to my diet.  I am mor regular now and some days I may even go two or more times.  I have done the benefiber but didn't help, my drs. office said that that could have the reverse affect on you.  I take miralax maybe 3 times a week. Hope this helps you.
D-J
on 7/21/11 1:59 am
i take pain meds and have always had problems with this issue,,,bbuuutttt,,i have found that taking benifiber each day ,a tblspn in my shake,,a couple of teaspoons in my food or whatever durring the course of the day and i go like clockwork every morning,i had snubbed my nose at fiber for whatever reason i never took it and relied on stool softeners and laxatives,but now with benifiber and all the fluid i drink,,,,,,,, who knew??
D-J
on 7/21/11 2:01 am
also i wanted to add if all else failes dolcalax suppositories are the bomb..they work great
hhunt67
on 7/21/11 7:04 am - Owatonna, MN
I've also struggled with this problem.  I take Colace 100mg twice a day and drink lots of fluids.  I don't really have room for fruits or veggies, I just stick with protein.

I'm happy if I poop once a day
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views