In a week I will be four Months Post Opt

biggbabeefornow
on 7/23/11 2:05 am - brownstown, MI
Is it normal ti feel like you havent lost enough wieght after surgery I will be four months out on the 30th and I have lost 65lbs. but I feel as if it should be way more, I missed the gym for a month because of an event (wedding) I had to help with and cook for but some weeks it seems as if I lose no lbs at all and it really bothers me, alot of ppl can tell and they say I am losing or have lost alot of weight .Every now and then I get scared and feel as if I have streacthed my new stomach but my Surgeon assured me all is well.. I dont eat more than I am suppose to but at first I didnt have an appitite but abiut a month ago it came back Im not hungry all the time just liked when I didnt feel hungry but are my feelings normal please help
       sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Duck_Girl
on 7/23/11 2:30 am
65lbs is alot! You're doing well.

If you feel you're not losing properly re evaluate your protein to make sure you're within your nutritionists guidelines, Get all you water in religiously, and if you cant get to the gym go for a walk outside.

Dont forget your vitamins :) 

Any or a combination of the above can hinder weightloss.

biggbabeefornow
on 7/23/11 2:37 am - brownstown, MI
Thanks for the reply I do take all my vitamins and I try to drink water all day it gets a little tricky since you cant drink for an hour after eatting and I have my self on a two hour eating schedule...i am happy that i have lost the 65 just was hopeing fo about 80 or 90 maybe im being greedy (no pun intended lol)
       sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Lisa R.
on 7/23/11 2:38 am - CA
 65 pounds is quite a bit of weight.  I better you never lost that much in 4 months pre op?  

I think many RNY patients experience this feeling, thinking we should be losing more weight then we have, but you have to keep in mind that losing this weight can take as long as 2 years!  So if you have already lost 65lbs at only 4 months out, that is awesome and you should try to look at the positive side of what you have accomplished.  

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
biggbabeefornow
on 7/23/11 2:58 am - brownstown, MI
Thanks Lisa your doing a great job too
       sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
bunnicash
on 7/23/11 2:58 am - Sedalia, MO
If it makes you feel better I have lost 68 lbs and I will be four months out on august 4th. :) I am like you it seems slow, but atleast we aren't gaining! I am sure we are on track its just a waiting process. Good luck .
Sasrah1972
on 7/23/11 4:27 am - NY
Sounds to me like you're doing really well. I am 9 weeks out and have lost 48lbs and I think that is just great. I have my 3month visit soon and I'm guessing I'll be close to 55lbs down by then. Everyone loses at a different rate. Keep up the great work!
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 9:38 am - Boston, MA
Looks like you're doing great to me!! besides adding more protein, fluids, exercise.. eating as few carbs as possible there really isn't much you can do to speed up your weight loss.. just follow your plan and you will get there when you get there, it's not a race.   But honestly 65 lbs in 3.5 months is HUGE you should be proud!!!
kemmieb
on 7/23/11 1:24 pm - KINGS MOUNTAIN, NC
Sounds like you are doing an excellent job!  Keep up the great work!  I'm like you, I want it all to fall off now!!!  But it didn't get here in a day, not going to go away in a day!

I think all the feelings you are having are normal!  You are doing a great job!

biggbabeefornow
on 7/26/11 3:21 pm - brownstown, MI
thanks ladies I am proud of how far I have come so far just feeling A  little stuck thats all
       sw/324 cw/332 gw/155          
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views