What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/18/24 3:22 am - Amarillo, TX

mornin y'all! Happy Saturday!

Not much going on today. It's supposed to be in the mid 90's today through Monday. Yuck, I hate this heat. We've been lucky so far though.

There seems to be another issue with my mouth. The other side looks like it's going to need the same procedure as the left side had Monday. A little part of the jaw bone is starting to poke around. I'm just so upset over it. I will have to wait until I can pay off more of the debt and then see about getting it fixed. This whole thing has been a nightmare.

QOTD: what is the scariest storm you've been through?

Quite a a lot of years ago we had a thunderstorm warning so we went to the parking garage where my mom worked. The storm ended up getting a tornado warning. It had enormous straight line winds and enormous hail. The biggest was softball sized at that location. I had never been so scared when all of this was happening....the tornado sirens were wailing and you could hear the hell being beat out of everything. By the end all the windows on a side of the hospital had been broken and there was a ton of damage. It was terrifying. I hate hail so much because of that storm.

eating is still uncomfortable so it's still mushy stuff.

Mel

White Dove
on 5/18/24 5:06 am - Warren, OH

Sorry about your mouth issues, Mel. I was hoping you were on the mend and feeling better.

I was 22 and we had spent Sunday afternoon at a lake, swimming, playing volleyball, and working on our tans. It was a beautiful July day. We were driving home when a storm came up. We drove through it and there were lots of fallen branches on the road. They were falling around us. When we got home and listened to the news, we realized that we had driven right through a tornado.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 5/18/24 5:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I would love those temps these days with all the under 70's we've been having. I'm starting to run colder now and wearing long sleeves and sweaters even when it's warmer. It makes me happy because I will be able to hike the good trails and walk the golf course without overheating this summer. Active goals! Today is walking little girl x2, TJ's run, making a new recipe of baked protein oats, cleaning, laundry including the bedding, watching the Preakness and a movie tonight TBD.

QOTD - I think it was hurricane Gloria in the 80's. We lived inland so hurricanes were normally a gusty storm for us, but she was different. Batten down the hatches! Everyone boarded up windows, buying candles, batteries, milk and bread until the stores were empty, it was madness. Our house had been built in 1875 so you could hear the wind in every crack and crevice. The days of buildup and fear were worse than the storm. It's because of dear Gloria that I prefer a good ol' earthquake. They come and go - no warning and then it's over (for the most part). No frantic panicking for days waiting for doom...

Accountability - Good 176.8. I did not crush my step goal but did get in 5808 steps yesterday. I simply need to move more. I would like 10k to be my average. No pressure for steps today - I'm just curious if I do all the things on my list and walk Chloe x2, what that will be.

B - coffee, baked protein oats

l - leftover italian - eggplant and meatballs

d - chicken stuffing bake

s - sm apple, finn crisp crackers and mini brie bite

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 5/18/24 6:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I was at college in your area then and they gave all of the students masking tape to use on their windows. Which the students used to write "Blow me Gloria".

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 5/18/24 6:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes! Masking tape on the windows - I forgot about that! Of course they wrote that, haha

White Dove
on 5/18/24 7:11 am - Warren, OH

Is that baked oatmeal that comes out like a coffee cake? I would love your recipe.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 5/18/24 7:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Yes, they look like cake-like bars. The base recipe is made with oats, bananas, protein powder, fairlife milk and baking powder. You can add whatever else you heart desires - fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter, yogurt. I need to test it first and if it comes out delicious, then I will gladly share!

Lisa91941
on 5/18/24 7:53 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I've got an easy day ahead of me. I'm planning on a walk and then we have a dinner party with friends who live on top of a small mountain in the east county. I'll try to get a good picture of their view and sunset. It's pretty special. And their house is like 5000 square feet. For just the two of them! I get lost going potty. But they have a ton of family so they really wanted a big house for hosting. Should be real fun.

Accountability for yesterday was Rockstar level. Food was spot on and all zero calorie drinks. 167 minutes of active exercise, 740 extra calories burned, 10,236 steps. And of course I had to run it out in place to get that last thousand in. Amazing how you can do so much exercise and it doesn't count towards steps. Today's goal is to just move to keep my muscles from seizing up.

QoTD: Leaving Palm Springs about 8 years ago. Huge storm. 40-50 foot tall palm trees crashing down into the streets. Wind pushing us all over the place. Torrential rain. I was crying I was so scared. Good thing I wasn't the one driving as well.

Bites today

B: Can't decide yet between eggs and bacon or protein pancakes. Definitely craving a carby feel.

L: rolled deli turkey and cheese

D: Unsure, but the theme is built around Carne Asada so I should be good to go.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 234 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views