Too hot to eat!

Mary V.
on 7/23/11 12:20 pm
RNY on 04/26/11 with
Oh what to do? It has been so hot here. Eating later at night. Not wanting to eat. Just drinking and drinking. What do you guys do in situations like this?

Mary ~
Laugh out loud...it does a body good   
krissak2
on 7/23/11 12:25 pm, edited 7/23/11 12:26 pm - IA
It was hot like that where I live all week  until today I was unable to eat so I drank a lot of water and I was able to drink my milk for snacks I added Carnation (NSA) to my milks so I was still getting protein. I hope the heat wave ends for you soon and good luck!!!
Antonia R.
on 7/23/11 12:32 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13
I would just drink vitamin waters or protein drinks and try to eat some type of veggie or small meal. We have had this ridiculous heat wave too. 90's and upper 80's all week. It's taking it's toll on the elderly. In the last week 30 people have died because of the heat.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/23/11 12:54 pm - OH
When it gets very hot (like now... 109 heat index today) I tend to eat a lot of deli meat, cheese (including cottage cheese), yogurt, and -- although I don't normally do protein drinks anymore -- either the Cytomax protein water (I love the Tangerine) or Isopure smoothies (NOT their protein water... yuck!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Blondebetch
on 7/23/11 2:34 pm
 what do those protein water drinks taste like they look like gatorade! Where you you find them? I want to try it....I am so sick of protein shakes!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/23/11 3:24 pm - OH
The Cytomax ones are available at Vitamin Shoppe here.  Be sure it is the Protein Pure Performance drink, though, because they make several different drinks (with somewhat similar labeling), but only one has the 40g of protein and no sugar or carbs.

The Tangerine tastes pretty much like you would expect (a little like Tang or another orange drink); the watermelon tastes more like a fruit punch with watermelon IN it than actual watermelon; the tropical (bright green) is kind of hard tor describe, but tastes kind of apple/pear like with a hint of coconut.  They are fairly sweet (especially the Tropical), so I usually pour it over ice to water it down a bit, but they do NOT have the weird aftertaste (or the tongue-coating sensation) that the Isopure ones have.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Blondebetch
on 7/24/11 10:03 am
 thank you so much im gonna check that out ASAP!!
JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 7/23/11 1:00 pm
I freeze my cheese sticks and eat them cold - sort of a protein popsicle!

Jen 9 yrs post op.
Lori P.
on 7/23/11 1:01 pm - Kenosha, WI
I eat my greek yougurt or a spinack salad with some protein.  Those are easy hot weather meals.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

wife2denizmoi
on 7/23/11 2:05 pm
I have found that the best thing I have been eating while its super hot out is soup and Isopure protein drinks because eating regular food just does not appeal in this horrible heat!

-HeidiG (Wife2denizmoi) 

Most Active
Recent Topics