Serious stall , any help please!!!

jl3kg
on 7/25/11 11:07 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
So, I am a little over 6 months out and for the last 4-5 weeks have been stuck going up and down 2 lbs . No loss just stuck. I have changed my exercise , eating patterns ... Everything. Can someone please tell me if this has happened to you and how can I break the horrid cycle??? I have between 5-7 lbs left to reach my personal goal and I'm pretty sure it won't happen. My surgeon wants me to lose 15-17 more. I am not worried about that.... Because I know my body.... And I should be good at 160 but it seems like I will NEVER get there. Any suggestions, help please. I am open to anything.

poet_kelly
on 7/25/11 11:37 pm - OH
I did not lose a pound my whole sixth month out.  After that, I went on to lose more than 50 pounds more.  Sometimes stalls just happen.  There may not be anything you can do or need to do to break it.  Just keep doing what you're supposed to do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 12:25 am
I would say to be totally honest with yourself, first of all... if you're truly eating and exercising according to plan, KEEP DOING IT and the weight loss will eventually start up again as long as you still have more to go.  If you've let a few too many calories or carbs in or have let up on the exercise, then correct those situations... and again, if you're not where your body wants to be, the weight loss will again continue.

You can always try adding some MORE exercise, too... that never hurts.  Bottom line is that while you may be currently stalled, if you keep doing what you're supposed to be doing, it WILL start up again (as long as you still have weight to lose).  Just try to relax, don't stress over it, and do what you're supposed to do...

Best of luck... here's to hoping the stall breaks soon!

tori
Kimberly W.
on 7/26/11 2:17 am
113 lbs in 6 months!!!??!!  Can we take a second and just bask in that tremendous accomplishment.  I understand your frustration, but I am just in awe of your weight loss so far!

jl3kg
on 7/26/11 6:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and support!! I am just gonna keep on doing what I am and hopefully my body will decide it wants to listen as for now, I have to try and not focus on what I have left but what I have done.

Paul C.
on 7/26/11 7:05 am - Cumming, GA

I am not saying it is but the problem could be in your exercise and eating.

What does a typical workout for you look like?  Cardio only, weights only, classes only...  What changes have you made.  Your body becomes more efficient at doing something so for changing up cardio you may have to go faster or longer.  How intense are your workouts, are you truely burning what you believe you are.

As for eating are you logging your food some how so you know what you are actually taking in.  If you have a high level of exercise and burn mega calories you could be at a point where your body is in to large a deficit and doesn't want to give any weight up.

Really examin in detail what you do and make small changes to it and look for small changes at the scale or in how things fit.

Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Most Active
Recent Topics