NSV and other ponderings...

Kelly S.
on 8/2/11 9:55 pm, edited 8/2/11 9:58 pm - MA
So, I took my 3 yr old to NH for a couple of days to just get away while hubby is on a biz trip. On my own for a couple of days, I had (too) many opportunities to pick her up and/or carry her.  And repeatedly I was struck by this thought:

My daughter weighs 54 lbs.  When I pick her up, I can barely carry her and I struggle a bit.  HOW ON EARTH did I carry around the 62 lbs I've lost so far AND carry her??? 

Seeing family and friends that haven't seen me in several months or even years in a couple of cases, I got quite a few comments about my appearance. They couldn't believe the changes.  I, on the other hand, can't really see it yet.  Yes, my clothes either don't fit at all or are incredibly loose, but when I see me naked, I don't really see much difference.  But hearing their comments brought the idea to my mind that I really AM transforming.  It feels good. 

Oh, and even better? I only weight 10 lbs more than my brother.  I haven't weighed less than him EVER...and I went down a slide with my daughter.  It was FUN and just one of the things I had hoped to do someday when I decided on surgery!

Just had to share 

*Edited to change my weight! Lost another pound!

laura_vermont
on 8/2/11 10:23 pm
Congrats on all your victories so far!  Love to read these - a wonderful reminder of why we did this.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

lynnc99
on 8/2/11 10:44 pm
What a realization, huh? I look at the 50 lb. Bags of rice at Costco and think, could I ever pick up 2 of those? Not likely, but I used to haul around 100 extra pounds every day!
DisneyLover
on 8/2/11 11:40 pm - WI
I have 2 kids that are in the 90-95 lb range and when I lost that amount I made my 91# 9 year old jump on my back for a piggy back ride.  I couldn't even walk 10 feet.  How did I do it for so long?  It is just crazy.

Good job on the weight loss.

Sarah

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics