I have wasted so much money ....

Carrie W.
on 7/29/11 2:30 am - KY
.... on food!  I'll buy something then fix it only to hate the smell or something and not eat it.  Or I'll eat it once and hate it ever after.  I was fairly picky before surgery but it was nothing compared to how I am now.  I guess for protein powders I'm just going to have to keep buying samples from Vitalady.  I'll get a cannister and use about half then I can't stand it and can't drink it without gagging. 

Anybody else like this now?  What are your go to foods for when nothing sounds good but you have to eat? 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

aanmarie
on 7/29/11 2:32 am - NY
Did you try Jay Robb?You can buy samples for 2.59 from Vitamin Shop.I like choc and orange creme.
Carrie W.
on 7/29/11 2:38 am - KY
What's Jay Robb? 
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

aanmarie
on 7/29/11 3:08 am - NY
Jayy Robb is a protein powder.I mix it with Almond milk.I didnt care for it mixed with water.Its so good.Give it a try at least you can buy samples to see if ya like it.I hate to buy those big canisters just to throw them out.Let me know if you liked it.Good luck
hlacy
on 7/30/11 2:40 pm - Chandler, AZ
Agreed. I swear by Jay Robb Egg Protein. No nasty aftertaste like whey. I mix the vanilla with orange Crystal Light for an Orange Julius :)
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

laura_vermont
on 7/29/11 2:42 am
I'm going to give you an odd answer:

What I like and what I think I like are two entirely different things.  This was not a problem before surgery.

Example:  "Laura do you like chocolate?"  Answer:  Of course, who doesn't?  Truth:  I don't like chocolate any more.  I take a bite  and spit it out.  I used to love chocolate, it hasn't caught up in my head that I really don't like it. 

Also, I now like things that I didn't like pre-op, which is also weird.  I have actually craved foods I don't like.... like melon & avacado. 

So no real advice, other than to try some things that you don't think you like...
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Bralen
on 7/29/11 7:55 am
SO TRUE!!! Pre-op I could eat my body weight in mashed potatoes. Now, my brain still loves them but my body does not. They don't make me sick or anything. I just don't like them anymore. It's odd.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Laura in Texas
on 7/29/11 2:48 am
Same here when I was early out, but I'm poor and cheap, so I would make myself drink the protein. My go-to least gaggy protein early out was Slim Fast Low Carb shakes. It gets better, I promise!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ktharp89
on 7/29/11 2:51 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 When I was really new out of surgery I wasn't as picky as I am now. When I was new I coudn't eat anything so if I found SOMETHING that worked even if I didn't like it, I was happy. Now I can eat anything almost (except things really high in sugar or sugar alcohols or cakey things) and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO picky. We have so much stuff in the freezer that my husband is trying to get me to eat to save money. Stuff we bought right after surgery. Spinach pancakes, scallops wrapped in bacon, refried beans, different kinds of fish. But I don't like anything!

The things I could eat everyday are:
salad
almost any kind of chicken
fresh and not processed tasting deli chicken or turkey
smart ones turkey and mashed potatoes
hummus and pita chips

I really am SO picky now.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

allvalerie
on 7/29/11 3:06 am - Seward, AK
same here-

My go to foods are cheese and a couple crackers, Yogurt, Lean Cusine spring rolls and About Time Oatmeal bars.

Valerie

Most Active
Recent Topics