Liquids???

CoachArch
on 7/29/11 8:08 am - NM
I'm three weeks post op and I'm havng zero problems with liquids. I can drink my 24 glass of water, crystal light or any approved liquid very quickly. I drink protein shakes down with no issue. Is this normal? I'm not stretching my pouch out am I? I get at least 100+ ounces of water a day with no issue at all. Is this a good thing? I just don't want my pouch to stretch
poet_kelly
on 7/29/11 8:18 am - OH
Yes, it's a great thing.  Dehydration is bad.

You cannot stretch your pouch with liquids.  Impossible.  Your pouch has a little opening at the bottom so liquids go right through.  It's like pouring liquid in a funnel.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cnelson62
on 7/29/11 8:26 am - TX

Man that is great!!!  Wish I could get to that point!  I am 2 weeks post op and having a horrible time trying to pull in my protein shakes or drinks.  I have a very low tolerance on things that taste funny or nasty and trust me the protein mixes are not good!  I may have not found the right protein for me yet!

Ellfam5
on 7/29/11 11:07 am
I am 9 days out from RNY and am not coming close to getting in all the fluids. I am trying but get nauseous with it all. Protein I am working up to. Trying to add it to all my liquids as my plan has me on full liquids for another 2 weeks.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/29/11 11:17 am - OH
As Kelly said, you cannot stretch your pouch with liquids.  If you drink too much too fast, the worst thing that will happen is that the liquid will start backing up into your esophagus (not painful, but a very disconcerting sensation).  Many poeple have NO trouble with drinking post-op.  Surgeons tell poeple to sip because some people do experience discomfort with drinking until the pouch heals.  I did';t FEEL like drinking early out after surgery (despite having surgery in the heat of August), but I had no discomfort drinking from day one.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hisxmorticia
on 7/29/11 11:18 am - FL
i had no problem with water or CL either. but today was the first day i could drink more than 1/2 a protein shake.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
CoachArch
on 7/29/11 11:45 am - NM
Thanks guys for the comments. I feel a lot better now. I was beginning to worry. I'm so glad that I have had such a smooth experience with my RNY.
hisxmorticia
on 7/30/11 11:00 am - FL
ive had a super smooth experience too, i actually wondered if my surgeon even did anything, lol!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?