Tolerance And Turkey Recipes...

Amy_Lou
on 7/31/11 11:24 am, edited 7/31/11 11:40 am - FL
Is turkey easier to tolerate than chicken? ...I can't tolerate chicken yet.
I was also wondering who has a good recipe for turkey meatloaf or TASTY turkey burgers?
I'd really like to try turkey! So far seafood is the easiest for me...

Thanks Friends! :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 
   ;*, ;',*             ;*, ;',*;    

ktharp89
on 7/31/11 12:06 pm - Gaithersburg, MD
 I was able to tolerate dark meat turkey with a little gravy before I tolerated chicken. I haven't tried ground turkey though but moist ground beef sits okay. 

I posted a meatloaf thread the other day. You can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey I'm sure. Lots of people posted recipes!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4431942/Have-a-good-me atloaf-recipe/#36637304
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

mandajolyn
on 7/31/11 2:42 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Turkey was easier for me to tolerate early on, still is most the time! It's not as heavy as beef. I get the Jenny O turkey burgers, they have over 30 grams of protein per patty. You can use turkey instead of beef for your favorite meatloaf recipe! I made some turkey meatballs not to long ago and cut up some string cheese and put it in the middle...it was yummy! I like to use the McCormick seasonings, they give it good flavor!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

jenysez1
on 7/31/11 7:12 pm - LA
Check out my list of blogs and low fat recipe links, it is on the recipe forum on here,,,still close to top.  I know eggface's blog has turkey meatloaves she makes in muffin pans....plenty variations of them too.

Jenny

Amy_Lou
on 7/31/11 9:22 pm - FL

THANK YOU LADIES! GOD BLESS. 

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

debyo84
on 8/1/11 12:00 am - San Angelo, TX
My friend just made the best turkey burgers ever!! She used ground turkey and the Asian Seasame season mix in the packets with all the seasiongs, some SF honey and soy sauce.  Mix it all together and grill them with foil.  They were so yummy.  I did not use a bun and actually really did not need anything else on them. 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Hugs,Debbie--
OH Support Group Leader

Amy_Lou
on 8/4/11 2:14 am - FL
That sounds AWESOME! Thanks :)

';*;'*Amy Lou*;',*; 

_Donna_
on 8/4/11 2:19 am
Be careful what ground turkey you use. Cargill brand just recalled everything from Feb - Aug.

RNY 5-5-2011

Most Active
Recent Topics