Lobster stuck!

losing-jennifer
on 7/31/11 10:15 am
So living in Maine and having family who are all lobstermen, I patiently waited until I was cleared for lobster and even waited another week before having it. Well....Tonight I chewed and chewed and CHEWED and it just felt heavy in my pouch after. I only could eat 1/2 of my one pound lobster.  So I waited my usual hour to drink and I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. So I took a sip of water and I felt pain in my pouch and then got sick with dry heaves!  Then I'd feel a little better, take another sip, feel the pain, more dry heaves, and still stuck. Thankfully it was only for 10 minutes or so of that pleasantness before I felt it finally go down. Oh and didn't I feel that!!! Ugh!

BTW, the lobster didn't even taste as good as it did pre-surgery so I'm not doing that again!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Kim H.
on 7/31/11 10:19 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
OMG...I had a similar episode today with CHICKEN! Except I was out and getting a little mental since I hadn't eaten or had a protein shake...I didn't chew very well and it almost killed me! Gagging, little bird vomits every 10 minutes, pain...what a lesson in following the rules and CHEWING. Ugh. Lobster was on my "try" list n dnow I think I'm going to wait after today. Thanks for the heads up and I hope you feel better soon! I hope I feel better soon, too! Ugh!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
losing-jennifer
on 7/31/11 10:35 am
I have to say, I have had chicken stuck too and it was a lot worse than chicken. Lobster is just so chewy and so its a lot harder to mash up. I do feel better now...drinking helped force it through eventually. I did what you did with chicken shortly after it was cleared and I have to say you do that once and you remember to chew the next time!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

cate81
on 7/31/11 10:42 am
 Your still early out, by next summer it wont be a problem, I can only eat a 1/4 of a lobster now. i did eat a whole plate of steamers.

SweetGirl11
on 7/31/11 10:50 am
Lobster can be a little tough.  I'm over 2 years out and still have to chew the daylights out of lobster and take the tough parts out of my mouth without swallowing it.  Those hard tough parts in the tail.... yuck! 

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

SoulLips
on 7/31/11 11:47 am - Cloverdale, CA
I haven't had lobster in YEARS!  OMG... fresh lobster sounds absolutely delicious!  So sorry you had a problem tolerating it.  Also, I should note that things that tasted "off" a few months after surgery now taste good to me again at 6 months post op.  As an example, I loved spicy V-8 before surgery, but after surgery it was strangely sweet and didn't taste good at all.  It's back to tasting like the V-8 I remember now!  You may find that in time, lobster tastes better again.
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Most Active
Recent Topics