5 Week Stall

astrochick18
on 8/1/11 11:38 pm - Archer, FL
I am 5.5 weeks out and have hit a stall. I have only lost .5lbs in the last week.

What is the best way to break through a stall? I have added new foods and think I have been eating enough and getting enough protein.

Also, I have been eating low fat Mac & Cheese but I have just read on here that pasta is not good/ok. Is this true? If so, why is pasta a no-no?

macjuicy
on 8/1/11 11:41 pm - FL
Sorry about your stall but it happens, Im at 9 weeks and have gone thru 2 stalls.. best thing is to keep your protien up and water... also make sure you exercise... dont worry it will pass.

Pasta expands in your stomach which in return can eventually make the puch stretch... best to just stay away from pasta and rice.

PS Dont weigh yourself daily, it will drive you batty

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Mischac
on 8/1/11 11:54 pm
I am 5 weeks out today also.  At week 2 and 3 I didn't lose anything then all the sudden I dropped 10 lbs.  I was so frustrated but was told this just happens and not to worry.  I am really struggling to eat anything, nothing taste good.  What have you found to eat that works - I try but  I know I am not getting nearly enough protein in, even with the protein shakes. 
Mischac
macjuicy
on 8/2/11 2:44 am - FL
On August 2, 2011 at 6:54 AM Pacific Time, Mischac wrote:
I am 5 weeks out today also.  At week 2 and 3 I didn't lose anything then all the sudden I dropped 10 lbs.  I was so frustrated but was told this just happens and not to worry.  I am really struggling to eat anything, nothing taste good.  What have you found to eat that works - I try but  I know I am not getting nearly enough protein in, even with the protein shakes. 
Food is no longer great for me, figuring what to eat anymore is a mission... shakes are my friends lol

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 12:10 am - Santa Cruz, CA
STAY OFF THE SCALE. How often does someone have to say this??????

You WILL have stalls. NOTHING you can do will change it or speed it up.

Do what you're supposed to do; exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

STAY OFF THE SCALE.
poet_kelly
on 8/2/11 12:13 am - OH
Only losing half a pound in one week is not a stall.  A stall if when you lose nothing at all for several weeks.  It's normal to lose more some weeks than others.  You don't need to do anything special to "break through" this.  Just keep doing what you're supposed to do.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

astrochick18
on 8/2/11 12:19 am - Archer, FL
Thanks everyone. I usually only weigh myself once a week.

I guess I considered it a stall because I had been losing significantly more each week, but I am glad that it's not a true stall.

Now that I know why pasta is not a recommended food, I will try to stay away from it or limit it considerably.

Thanks again.

mrstefer
on 8/2/11 12:52 am - CA
I am five months out and did not loss a pound between month 4 and 5. I called me doctor and he said it was normal and I can go back and do two days of liquid two days of soft and see if that helps. It did I am losing again. During that time I did loss a whole clothes size though so I know I was losing inches.

ladyquenn
on 8/2/11 2:16 am - WV
I wasn't allowed to even try carbs like that for 6 months. The biggest problem with pasta doesn't really have anything to do with pouch stretching. Anything you over eat will stretch it out except liquids, but pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, flour etc are all carbs. Carbs are sugar to the body, if you wont eat 50 gr of sugar you shouldn't eat 50 gr of carbs either unless you are at maintenance, then make sure they are healthy carbs like whole grains, quinoa, etc. They not only can cause dumping but just gum up the works in general like eating paste or spoons of flour. There is also no space for protein till the paste leaves the pouch.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
carrierae
on 8/2/11 5:36 am - WA
No carbs! Carbs are evil!
Most Active
Recent Topics