Here's my Whine Session

treehousestories
on 8/5/11 12:16 am
I'm 7 weeks post op. Since starting my pre-op diet I've lost 39 lbs. Since surgery I've only lost like....around 20 lbs. I'm doing everything my surgeon has told me to do. Is it always going to be this slow?! I really want to take advantage of this time when the weight is supposed to be "falling off." Any suggestions? 

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 12:19 am - Boston, MA
 20 lbs in 7 weeks sounds like it's "falling off" to me!!!! 
Kim H.
on 8/5/11 1:14 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
It looks like you're doing great! You need to not focus on the numbers and look at the big picture. You've lost 30% of the weight you hope to lose right? 40 down and 80 to go? That's excellent! I think you're doing really great! Seriously. Focus on the percentages, not the numbers, and maybe you'll believe it, too!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
T. Deeds
on 8/5/11 3:00 am
For me, it has been slow like that.  I try to think of it two ways, the first is that  the smaller you get, the slower your body burns calories (it has to do less work to keep your body alive and to drag yourself around) AND that even if I only loose a couple pounds a week, that's weight that I'm much, much more likely to keep off now that I've had my bypass (before the surgery it was the classic yo-yo cycle with dieting, but now I have this amazing tool that helps me with portion control). 

D-J
on 8/5/11 4:50 am
i had my surgery the same day you did,,i have lost almost 45lbs since pre-op,,i am now in a sort of stall..:(,,sounds to me like your doing a great job,,just keep doing it..