Just Curious?

Butterfly62
on 8/6/11 5:20 am - TX
How much expense will go into the protein powder and vitamins after surgery?
"Jesus is health to my flesh and strength to my bones." Proverbs 3:8
"I'm turning my cants into cans and my dreams into plans."

Lynn

ktharp89
on 8/6/11 6:07 am - Gaithersburg, MD
You can get a pretty good size protein tub that can last for a month for 20 bucks at walmart. If you want better tastier stuff you can get it for 30 or so. For vitamins, bariatric advantage has it set up so you can get all the vitamins you need for three months for $130. 
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Butterfly62
on 8/6/11 6:41 am - TX
thanks for your reply. if you don't mind me asking how many bottles of vitamins do you get for the 3 month supply? and is it the only ones needed?

Lynn

nfarris79
on 8/6/11 7:47 am - Germantown, MD
 It seems a lot of posters have taken advantage of "buy one, get one" on vitamins in drugstores. This week Safeway groceries had the BOGO deal on their vitamins - just be conscious of getting vitamins with at least 100% of RDAs as even the bariatric vitamins the dosage for post RNYs is 2-3x. (disclaimer to consult with your dr & NUT on what your vitamin needs are. Also if you're early on you'll likely need to do chewables for a while). Joining saver programs at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe can get you clued in to weekly deals and coupons. Amazon can also be a resource for protein powders and bars. If in a financial pinch, see if your surgeon/hospital has any protein for indigent patients. I've donated powders I didn't like or didn't want to return to my local program.

I couldn't even count up how much I've spent on stuff, but it balances out b/c I'm not buying massive amounts of food now. I've bought cheap protein and hated it, so much like my taste in fashion, my taste buds run expensive.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Butterfly62
on 8/6/11 11:06 am - TX
thanks for the really good info. i meet my nutritionist next week for the first time. i guess i will find out more then.

Lynn

heatherambrosia
on 8/6/11 1:21 pm - GA
Agreed about the expensive taste. I've learned to splurge a few more bucks on my protein. I LOVE GNC's Amplified Wheybolic 60 which is about $25 for a bag of it... maybe 20 servings. But I tried their regular Whey Protein and i hate it... and it was still $21. I have their gold card which saves 20% in the first week of the month and they have lots of sales, but still....

I think the first few weeks are more expensive than what I project later... right now I'm buying lots of stuff i'll not have around later (in this capacity) like canned cream soups, pudding cups, pudding pops and popsicles, lots of juices to dilute, V8.... I'm more of a produce and meat kind of girl normally, which I hope will return soon.
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 320 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 273 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 440 views