Well this just sucks......

godsend213
on 8/7/11 10:02 am - Fort Carson, CO
I am almost 5 months into my surgery and I have lost 62 lbs. I have hit a few small plateaus but bounced right back after a few days. I hit another plateau almost 2 weeks ago and the scale hasn't budged, not even ounces. I hope this is normal. My eating habits are great, I even work out faithfully 5 days a week, please someone tell me this is normal lol. I have this god awful fear that I am not going to lose anymore. Please no mean comments, I think I just need to hear some words of encouragement. :) 

I want to participate in life, not observe!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 10:07 am - TX
 I'm about two weeks behind you and there have been a couple of times I've had two week stalls. 61 pounds in 5 months is great! Just keep your protein up and get your water in and you'll eventually break your stall. At 5 months you're not even near done losing all your weight yet.
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 10:11 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You may be at your equilibrium point (energy in=energy out).  I'd like to recommend that you add
about 100 to 200 calories daily, especially since you're being such a good kid and exercising so
much.

Also, please stay off the scale.  Your body will stop and start as it adjusts to your new reality, and
it'll be much easier to deal with if you don't know about it!

I didn't weigh myself except at my surgeon's office for followup appointments;  I know I must have
had stalls, but fortunately I didn't know about them at the time!

When you're stalling, you may not be losing ounces, but you're probably losing inches.  This is
good.

Hang in there;  just keep on doing what you need to do, and you'll be dancing around in a size 8
any day!

Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 10:13 am - Boston, MA
 totally normal don't sweat it!! Stalls are normal.. plus you are getting close to goal so it could come off a little slower than it did in the beginning.. but you are no way near done losing!
Jessica A.
on 8/7/11 10:16 am - Auburn, AL
 Totally normal!!!  I have gone as long as 5 weeks without losing an ounce then bam...2 pounds lost.  Especially when you get closer to your goal weight.  And look at how much you've lost already.  more than 10 pounds a month.  You are doing great.  Chin up!  

TamaraL
on 8/7/11 10:47 am, edited 8/7/11 11:25 am
It is normal to be worried "Is this all Im going to lose", especially around the 5 to 6 month mark.  I lost great in the beginning and then slacked off to losing 3-4 pounds/month.  Its frustrating but I am still glad to be losing.

I log my food occasionally just  to see where my calories are.  It will keep coming off.  Just stay focused.  Make sure you are not working out too much meaning that if you are eating 1,000 calories and burning 500 to 600 calories it will make your body go into starvation so you may need to up your calories.  I know wierd, but it does work.

I weigh 157-159 and walk or run 4-5 days/week.  When i exercise I am starving to death on those days so I do end up eating more.

Just keep following your nutrition guidelines and exercising and drinking your water.  It will come off!!!!

Tamara

edited to add.  Every darn time I go to buy clothes I lose weight or inches.  It never fails.  I will think well I have been this size for awhile I am going to buy some clothes.  Wear them maybe 2 weeks and I drop sizes again.  Love that I am getting smaller but its getting quite expensive.  Thank GOD for goodwill and thrift stores.

poet_kelly
on 8/7/11 11:22 am - OH
If you do a search for "stall" you'll see just how common it is.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics