Met with my Surgeon

talula216
on 8/10/11 10:53 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Finnally I have been waiting for this day.  But I was stunned to find out I am going to have a IVG filter.  think that is what its called.  I have no history of blood clots but due to my BMI I have to have one. So that scared me some. 

So now I am really trying to watch what I eat so I can lose some weight to make the surgery easier for me.  So far 3 days not wanting to kill anyone yet,lol

So now the plan is 2 Nut visit down one to go and my psych consult then they can send in for approval. 

Talula
Starting weight 369

pamelatx111
on 8/10/11 11:01 am - TX
Good luck! I also had an IVC filter placed thru the neck. It really is no big deal. They give you something to twilight you and then something to deaden the area.

Laugh Often. Regret Nothing!                               Surgery date 7/18/11
poet_kelly
on 8/10/11 12:47 pm - OH
Yay!  Things are moving right along.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

talula216
on 8/10/11 11:36 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
Thank you good to know.  I have had the twilight before.  Good stuff.lol  My surgeon said once we get the approval things will move along pretty fast.

Talula
Starting weight 369

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 350 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 233 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 131 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?