Stairs right after surgery

EboniLamis
on 8/10/11 9:49 pm - MI
I am moving to an apartment and my apartment will be on the second floor.  Did anyone have trouble going up one flight of stairs after surgery?
SunnyGirl7777
on 8/10/11 10:54 pm
 I live in a second floor apartment so I couldn't avoid stairs after surgery. Just take it slow (verrry slow!), use the railing(s) for support, and avoid using the stairs when you can.

Good luck!

L
T. Deeds
on 8/10/11 11:08 pm
I live on the 3rd floor, so I had to walk up and down 2 flights of stairs after my surgery.  It wasn't fun, but I managed.

EboniLamis
on 8/10/11 11:10 pm - MI
Thanks I thought I was going to have to go back to my parents and I really did not want to do that.   My surgery is August 30, 2011 and just trying to get everything in order.
LizShort
on 8/10/11 11:29 pm - NC
 2 days after surgery, I went to my mom's house to start the recovery process.  omg... stairs to my room, then stairs into the living room/den and stairs into the bathroom and stairs to the laundry room...  I dont' recall them being an issue.  On the other hand, I was doing laps around the unit at the hospital and then at the hotel we stayed at the night before returning to VA.  

I think I might have had some aches in my muscles the first day, but holding a pillow to my tummy for one day fixed that.  The hardest day was the 3rd day after surgery.  I felt like total crap and spent most of the time in my room feeling sorry for myself.  That day hurt to go up and down the stairs.  After I got over that day, it was all down hill... uhhh... stairs  from there on out.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/11/11 2:37 am
I live in a one story house.  But I was cleared medically to do stairs upon release from the hospital (2 days).

Winnie

immafatgirl
on 8/11/11 9:54 am - KY
I HAVE 3 STEEP ONES COMING UP TO MY PORCH.that was one of the questions i had on list to ask the dr. thanks for sharing . ...
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/11/11 10:25 am - OH
Even with my open RNY, I did not have any trouble with steps.  Just take them slowly.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.